Can you silence the camera click sound?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I want to sneak into locker rooms and take pictures of naked people.

Kidding.

Seriously, it's annoying. Scares my dogs. Makes people look at me when I'm taking legitimate pictures. My Resound let me turn it off.

Can you turn it off on the S3? Can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

noturbizniss

May 17, 2012
Visit site
On Verizon if you turn off the sound of on the home screen it turns off the clock.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
think some 3rd party camera apps have the option. i think its like law or something (maybe only in europe) that phones make a noise when u take a pic but dont think it affects 3rd party apps

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
The option is there (at least on the AT&T version).

Open the camera, tap the little gear icon (settings), scroll to the bottom of the settings list and you'll see the setting "Shutter sound." Tap it and select Off.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

Open the camera, tap the little gear icon (settings), scroll to the bottom of the settings list and you'll see the setting "Shutter sound." Tap it and select Off.

just checked + it defo isnt in european version

TeeX

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

also not on the Verizon model.

but, not surprising. Verizon hates it's customers :-\

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yup have to put the phone on silent or vibrate. This would annoy me as well if I didn't keep my phone on vibrate all the time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
That's messed up that's it's not available on your phone.... AT&T is so rocking it these days... that's the first thing I did when I got my phone.....:cool:

~Jae, GS3 on Tapatalk~

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, Google removed the option from official source/os. It is at the carrier and OEMs decision to give the option to turn this on and place the proper coding back into play to allow it. This is because there is privacy laws and such that Google did this.

Seems like Sprint is the only US carrier that has removed the option completely to disable the camera shutter sound.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, Google removed the option from official source/os. It is at the carrier and OEMs decision to give the option to turn this on and place the proper coding back into play to allow it. This is because there is privacy laws and such that Google did this.

Seems like Sprint is the only US carrier that has removed the option completely to disable the camera shutter sound.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

I don't have that option on my Verizon S3. However, I can turn off ALL sounds (ringer, notifications, etc.), and it will silent the camera.

anon(406059)

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
On the Telus branded S3, all you need to do is turn the ringtone down to vibrate / silent. You need to do this outside the camera app (or in pull-down menu, which you can actually access in all full-screen apps by swiping down from the edge)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante