jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Check the accessories section. There are all sorts of discussions about cases. The short answer, though, is the one you like the most.

Currently, I have the OB Commuter. The comments on the power button and volume rocker being a little stiff are true but the amount of play increases with use. No accidental presses with this case. It has an adhesive screen protector.

I just received my OB Defender. Both cases add bulk. The screen protector is built-in and it has a holster.

Comparison of Samsung Galaxy S3 OtterBox Defender & Ballistic MAXX Case - YouTube

If I did this right, the OB Defender Drop Test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHNkgN8YND4

The OB Commuter Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHvnA-wdmQA

Protection trumps bulk and looks. The first drop will convince you.

Last edited:
Reactions: TiradoTirado17

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
IMO I think the otterbox defender is the best... Just waiting for mine to arrive...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I just got a ballistic case for mine. Nicely made. Nice ergonomics. Good price. Reinforced rubber corners.

S3nt from GalaxyS3

SPD

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
If you want a super thin case and are not worried about drop protection, check out the SGP Utlra thin air. Got it on mine and love it.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't know anyone who isn't worried. OB Defender. Check out the Drop Test link above. I have also posted a review in the AT&T accessories forum.

eagle63

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm going to get the Speck candyshell case. Generally speaking I've never liked cases at all, but the Speck cases I've seen on my friends' iPhones are really nice.

azoomas

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Elago G5 slim fit case for S3 and very happy with it. Super slim hard case, fits perfectly, easy to slip off and on, and under $10. Tons of color and texture option.

Also helps me with my hand position on the phone so I don't accidentally press the volume button when pressing the power button. I had this problem with the jelly case I had before this. (Maybe that was just my own hand issue.. but nonetheless, I like the additional benefit)

Good option under $10 if you are looking for a slim case.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008ATCSBC...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1997863

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I like the pocket type case best, where the device slides in from the top - I used these with my BB's over the years and have grown to really like them. I got the genuine Samsung case in blue: Genuine Samsung Galaxy S3 Pouch - Navy Blue -EFC-1G6LBECSTD :: MobileFun.com

I also use the Case-Mate Tough case: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1998031

I am also leaning towards the Ballistic vice the Defender: http://www.amazon.com/Ballistic-SX0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1998031

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the ballistic maxx case. The screen protector is very bad. Makes things blurry and rainbowy. It's bad enough that I am either getting a different screen protector or going with a different case. I ordered the OB Defender case in hopes that the screen protector is better.

If you get the maxx, be prepared to get another screen protector or leave the screen uncovered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
If this doesn't convince you to get some type of rugged case, nothing will. All the bumper cases and those that "look nice" and aren't bulky won't matter when there is major damage to the phone.

That's like wearing a brick on your hip.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Brick on the hip that works versus a non-functioning brick. It's like auto insurance. You hope that you never need it. That first high level drop down a concrete stairway at work or somewhere else while you are in a hurry and the screen cracks or the phone is damaged needing a refurb or insurance replacement, the case is well worth it.

Androidmomma

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello Friends, I purchased and have used both the Incipio Silicrylic hard shell case with silicone core and the Seidio active case with metal kickstand. Both cases have the same basic design with dual layers. I have the white SIII so I purchased both white cases. Seidio - black core liner, liner is visible from back view. The hard white outer shell is a pearlescent white, a true white that matches the white phone but kind of shiney (my boyfriend would not use this case), yet I think overall it has a rugged appeal. I bought it for the kickstand that works in landscape only. Definitely takes away from the slim sleek appearance of the device.
Incipio - grey core liner, only slightly visible from back facing view (around cutouts and a logo). The white outer shell is white that matches the device in color but is matte finish. It doesn't take away from the phone because you can't see any of the phones back cover. It is sleek, smooth and light. Adds only slightly to bulk/weight. considering the protection it provides, I didn't mind a bit. It is a beautiful case. I have used the Incipio Silicrylic case on my previous phones and although careful they took some serious hits and spills and this case protected as well as my commuter OB. Of the 2 listed here I think they both offer superior protection. The kickstand is awesome but the Incipio Silicrylic is my hands down favorite. I bought it from Verizon store then searched amazon and couldn't find a white one at all. And the ones I found were same price. Tons of choices,. Enjoy

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze