Defective Galaxy S3?

ian143

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
That's nothing, you want defective? Here is what mine was doing up until today when I threw it out the car window (no aerodynamic proficiency at all mind you)

1. WifFi would turn on even after I turned it off multiple times per day while sitting at my desk at work where no WiFi is present.

2. Would lock up (black screen) only way to get it to respond was pull the battery and rebbot every time.

3 Failed to detect 4G where 4G was present

4. Conferece dialed in the middle of active phone calls.

5. While roaming could not use data like internet or text could receive calls but not make calls (Sprint Everything plan has no roaming charges all aspects of the phone are expected to work)

Purchased this piece of sh!t the day it came out and what a waste. Android is driving me to an Apple iPhone. Had an HTC touch 2, and HTC Evo 4G both were crap. Now I get the highly acclaimed "iphone killer" the great and mighty Galaxy S3 and its turns out to be a shined up turd no difference, getting tired of being ripped off by these companies for beta testing their garbage on me. Samsung was useless, denied it was a phone issue "it's a Galaxy S3 there can't be anything wrong with it" they said, BITE ME SAMSUNG! Peddle your trash somwhere else you bunch of window licking short bus riding @$$holes

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
lmao nice one mate :) wish u had videod the car throw though with the s3 recording.
i have the same wifi issue but none of the rest. did u try factory reset (before b1tch-tossing it)? ;)

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
That's nothing, you want defective? Here is what mine was doing up until today when I threw it out the car window (no aerodynamic proficiency at all mind you)

1. WifFi would turn on even after I turned it off multiple times per day while sitting at my desk at work where no WiFi is present.

2. Would lock up (black screen) only way to get it to respond was pull the battery and rebbot every time.

3 Failed to detect 4G where 4G was present

4. Conferece dialed in the middle of active phone calls.

5. While roaming could not use data like internet or text could receive calls but not make calls (Sprint Everything plan has no roaming charges all aspects of the phone are expected to work)

Purchased this piece of sh!t the day it came out and what a waste. Android is driving me to an Apple iPhone. Had an HTC touch 2, and HTC Evo 4G both were crap. Now I get the highly acclaimed "iphone killer" the great and mighty Galaxy S3 and its turns out to be a shined up turd no difference, getting tired of being ripped off by these companies for beta testing their garbage on me. Samsung was useless, denied it was a phone issue "it's a Galaxy S3 there can't be anything wrong with it" they said, BITE ME SAMSUNG! Peddle your trash somwhere else you bunch of window licking short bus riding @$$holes

Wow just wow. Why do I have a hard time believe a single word you just said. 10 million users and 99.999999999999999999999% are perfectly happy. You are the .000001% of people who are so unhappy when they clearly have a defective unit but wanted to throw it out the window because you just like to throw money away. Even if you have insurance you still have to pay a deductible where as you could've exchanged it for free.

My GS3 is running flawless, my mother inlaw's iphone 4 crashes more times than this phone. So who's opinion should I trust? Someone who is clearly a troll, or have serious temper problems or the rest of the 99.999999% owners including myself.

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Its because of lte and cell standby if you don't have a signal it drains your battery dramatically its like having wifi on and not connected to it it just searches.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Ah,currently looking at my battery settings and my screen is at 61% Time on 1hr 39mins.and Cell standby is 30%. I think have poor reception. 2 bars is mainly what i have. Could that be the reason why drains the battery cos its looking for a network?

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Thats ok then. I was getting a bit worried. o2 seem to think handset is faulty because of low signal strength. Carphone seem to think its just me whinging lol

glassygurl

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
never had ANY issues with my GS3 but I'm hearing about so many people with problems. There's even been an article about it. so weird... perhaps a bad batch? or am i the lucky few?
No issues with battery life, screen, glitchy email, etc. perhaps you should take it to verizon cuz your battery life doesnt sound normal.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
never had ANY issues with my GS3 but I'm hearing about so many people with problems. There's even been an article about it. so weird... perhaps a bad batch? or am i the lucky few?
No issues with battery life, screen, glitchy email, etc. perhaps you should take it to verizon cuz your battery life doesnt sound normal.

Getting my third replacement if this one isn't any better I don't know what I'm going to do... It's such a shame I really love this phone except the problems iv had

Sent from my retina iPad using tapatalk

Terminator91

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Maybe try and put power saving mode on and use the phone as you normally would, and see how time you can get... I've found the first 20-25% of the galaxy s3 battery discharges super quick, and then it slows down.

That being said, with Wi-Fi on, LTE on, viewing youtube, multiple apps, even some gaming, I can get at least 6-7+ hours on. I do keep the default brightness and automatic dim setting though.

trunkmonkey1972

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Ah,currently looking at my battery settings and my screen is at 61% Time on 1hr 39mins.and Cell standby is 30%. I think have poor reception. 2 bars is mainly what i have. Could that be the reason why drains the battery cos its looking for a network?

These are just percentages. If you leave your phone on the table after charging and look at your usage stats 1:39 later, your cell standby would be even higher. Why? Because that's really all it's been using power for. The percentages have nothing to do with real mA consumption.

S3 on Sprint - 16gb pebble blue + 64

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol