08-09-2012 05:51 AM
31 12
tools
    What would you do if your battery life is just horrible, terrible and you have factory reset three times, used two different batteries and still use 20% in one hour hardly using the phone at all? I've closed open apps, un installed widgets and all that jazz.
    3 weeks with this phone and it hasn't improved. I need two batteries two batteries to last me 12 hours.
    This is just wrong.
    Thanks
    07-21-2012 09:46 AM

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums
    07-21-2012 09:52 AM
    There must be something up with your device. I would call Verizon and have them ship you a replacement. Maybe ask them to replace the batteries as well. It may very well be a defective device.

S3nt from GalaxyS3
    07-21-2012 10:33 AM
    Guess I gotta explain this one to Telus. Hope there's no problem.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums
    07-21-2012 11:51 AM
    Yeah... Yours is defective... i can get 4-6 hours screentime.
    07-21-2012 11:57 AM
    the battery PERCENTAGE ur apps, system + screen use looks normal but the time ur getting defo isnt normal. id return it and hope they give you a brand new one man
    brava27 likes this.
    07-21-2012 05:47 PM
    Wow thats no good!
    brava27 likes this.
    07-21-2012 05:56 PM
    Theres definitely something wrong with that for sure take it back or get the battery replaced that's what im doing with my vzw s3 battery has been terrible lately

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    07-21-2012 06:30 PM
    The joys of being on the cutting edge, sounds faulty to me. Just take it back

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk 2
    07-21-2012 06:44 PM
    Interesting how the same phone works differently for each person. My husband gets better battery life than I do.

And your screen shot shows chrome, I use chrome and it doesn't even show up in my usage stats...

~Jae, GS3 on Tapatalk~
    07-21-2012 06:44 PM
    Interesting how the same phone works differently for each person. My husband gets better battery life than I do.

And your screen shot shows chrome, I use chrome and it doesn't even show up in my usage stats...

~Jae, GS3 on Tapatalk~
    Yes and I notice SwiftKey is also on the list which doesn't shown on mine either even tho I've been using SwiftKey since 5min after I got my S3 lol

Tapatalk'd from my Galaxy S3
    07-21-2012 07:13 PM
    Try turning off LTE...
    07-21-2012 07:22 PM
    I thought there was no way to turn off LTE.....
    Something changed????

~Jae, GS3 on Tapatalk~
    07-21-2012 07:25 PM
    Its because of lte and cell standby if you don't have a signal it drains your battery dramatically its like having wifi on and not connected to it it just searches.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    07-21-2012 07:28 PM
    Its because of lte and cell standby if you don't have a signal it drains your battery dramatically its like having wifi on and not connected to it it just searches.

thats true
    07-21-2012 07:37 PM

~Jae, GS3 on Tapatalk~
    chrome shows up on my gt-i9300
    07-21-2012 07:38 PM
    Something changed????

~Jae, GS3 on Tapatalk~
    Download the Phone Info app from the Store. Change the preferred network type to CDMA auto (PRL) to keep the phone on 3G. Select LTE/CDMA/EvDo resume the standard mode of using LTE and 3G depending on what's available.

Attachment 31942

Sent from my SGS III
    07-21-2012 08:01 PM
    Off topic but how do you get the temperature in the status bar.?

07-21-2012 11:07 PM
    Something changed????

~Jae, GS3 on Tapatalk~
    It's in the Network Options... you can choose what modes the phone will use. Right now I have it set to GSM/HSPA.
    07-21-2012 11:11 PM
    Off topic but how do you get the temperature in the status bar.?

yeah id like to know that man. i use Battery Notifier Big Text app which shows a nice big coloured battery percentage in status bar, warns with alerts at set %s, and shows temp in notification bar but havin temp' in status bar would be nice sometimes (when downloading torrents while playing a high-spec game while charging for example lol)
    07-22-2012 12:40 AM
    That's nothing, you want defective? Here is what mine was doing up until today when I threw it out the car window (no aerodynamic proficiency at all mind you)

1. WifFi would turn on even after I turned it off multiple times per day while sitting at my desk at work where no WiFi is present.

2. Would lock up (black screen) only way to get it to respond was pull the battery and rebbot every time.

3 Failed to detect 4G where 4G was present

4. Conferece dialed in the middle of active phone calls.

5. While roaming could not use data like internet or text could receive calls but not make calls (Sprint Everything plan has no roaming charges all aspects of the phone are expected to work)

Purchased this piece of sh!t the day it came out and what a waste. Android is driving me to an Apple iPhone. Had an HTC touch 2, and HTC Evo 4G both were crap. Now I get the highly acclaimed "iphone killer" the great and mighty Galaxy S3 and its turns out to be a shined up turd no difference, getting tired of being ripped off by these companies for beta testing their garbage on me. Samsung was useless, denied it was a phone issue "it's a Galaxy S3 there can't be anything wrong with it" they said, BITE ME SAMSUNG! Peddle your trash somwhere else you bunch of window licking short bus riding @$$holes
    08-07-2012 12:57 PM
    lmao nice one mate wish u had videod the car throw though with the s3 recording.
    i have the same wifi issue but none of the rest. did u try factory reset (before b1tch-tossing it)?
    08-07-2012 01:59 PM
    That's nothing, you want defective? Here is what mine was doing up until today when I threw it out the car window (no aerodynamic proficiency at all mind you)

1. WifFi would turn on even after I turned it off multiple times per day while sitting at my desk at work where no WiFi is present.

2. Would lock up (black screen) only way to get it to respond was pull the battery and rebbot every time.

3 Failed to detect 4G where 4G was present

4. Conferece dialed in the middle of active phone calls.

5. While roaming could not use data like internet or text could receive calls but not make calls (Sprint Everything plan has no roaming charges all aspects of the phone are expected to work)

Purchased this piece of sh!t the day it came out and what a waste. Android is driving me to an Apple iPhone. Had an HTC touch 2, and HTC Evo 4G both were crap. Now I get the highly acclaimed "iphone killer" the great and mighty Galaxy S3 and its turns out to be a shined up turd no difference, getting tired of being ripped off by these companies for beta testing their garbage on me. Samsung was useless, denied it was a phone issue "it's a Galaxy S3 there can't be anything wrong with it" they said, BITE ME SAMSUNG! Peddle your trash somwhere else you bunch of window licking short bus riding @$$holes
    Wow just wow. Why do I have a hard time believe a single word you just said. 10 million users and 99.999999999999999999999% are perfectly happy. You are the .000001% of people who are so unhappy when they clearly have a defective unit but wanted to throw it out the window because you just like to throw money away. Even if you have insurance you still have to pay a deductible where as you could've exchanged it for free.

My GS3 is running flawless, my mother inlaw's iphone 4 crashes more times than this phone. So who's opinion should I trust? Someone who is clearly a troll, or have serious temper problems or the rest of the 99.999999% owners including myself.
    08-07-2012 02:07 PM

Ah,currently looking at my battery settings and my screen is at 61% Time on 1hr 39mins.and Cell standby is 30%. I think have poor reception. 2 bars is mainly what i have. Could that be the reason why drains the battery cos its looking for a network?
    08-07-2012 02:42 PM
    yeah low signal uses more battery mate but 30% isnt too bad for cell standby. mines at 31 today
    08-07-2012 02:48 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD