Hello,
    As I understand, the latest OTA from ATT (July 4th) removes the global search feature from my S3. As such, I'd rather not download it. I looked online to see if there is a way to disable the notification but they all were for rooted phones.
    Do I need to be rooted to stop the OTA Update notification or is there another way to do it?
    Also, are there any reasons to update anyway (security issues that need to be fixed?)
    Thanks!
    07-21-2012 04:05 PM
    Hello,
    As I understand, the latest OTA from ATT (July 4th) removes the global search feature from my S3. As such, I'd rather not download it. I looked online to see if there is a way to disable the notification but they all were for rooted phones.
    Do I need to be rooted to stop the OTA Update notification or is there another way to do it?
    Also, are there any reasons to update anyway (security issues that need to be fixed?)
    Thanks!
    It's going to notify you that u have an update available... Just don't download it.... And clear the notification...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    07-21-2012 04:42 PM
    It's going to notify you that u have an update available... Just don't download it.... And clear the notification...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    hmm... It does not let me clear the notification (the clear button is grayed out).
    07-21-2012 05:49 PM
    global search on my international s3 still works after update.. does the lawsuit only apply to the US?
    07-21-2012 06:40 PM
    global search on my international s3 still works after update.. does the lawsuit only apply to the US?
    I don't know if it's only in the US. The global search function was removed on my other S3 after the OTA update.
    So we're on the same page: the search function will still continue to search the internet but won't search your phone.
    07-21-2012 06:48 PM
    mine searches contacts + apps.. is that what global search means? apple are a**holes! my old Nokia N95 (Symbian s60) had a search function like that when the 1st iphone came out
    07-21-2012 07:04 PM
    Vtap Quicksearch is an app that has universal search. May be a partial solution. Wish it had voice command. I came from a palm pre so would miss it.
    07-25-2012 05:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD