grr, new problem for the wife. her music isn't in the proper cd order on the stock music player. also under albums it sorts tracks better, under artist, then the album seems to be alphabetical. just got done fixing 30gb from having the multiple listings due to the artist or album artist fun.

anyone have any tips here ?? can it be done under the mtp(?) or do i have to pull the card to edit ?? not sure if winamp is transferring the track number properly or not. i have my library on itunes and winamp.

any tips or help would be great, thanks
    Joel

ps: she wants to choose the artist, then cd. not have to sort through the cd's first, make sense ?? (i hope)
    07-22-2012 07:25 AM
    On my Player, it lets me select artist (for instance Depeche Mode), and then it lists the albums in order (Songs of Faith and Devotion, Ultra, Violator), and within each 'section' it has all the songs listed. THose come through alphabetical and I've not had a problem with the order there. I do have a problem for some albums where the song order isn't in CD order.

I don't think it's a tag issue, Player Pro does list them in the correct order, so not sure what is causing the issue. I normally play on shuffle anyway, so it's not a big deal, but i'd suggest a different music player and try it out. You can probably get player pro for a trial basis.
    07-22-2012 12:26 PM
    Yep, artist, cd, songs are alphabetical. Under cd and not artist, they are in cd order. She uses shuffle too, but wanted me to look into it.

Thanks again for the time
    07-22-2012 02:07 PM
    I've seen this before - some players handle it better than others. It has to do with the type of tags. I won't use a player that can't get it right. It totally ruins Pink Floyd and soundtracks
    07-22-2012 02:49 PM
    Yep, artist, cd, songs are alphabetical. Under cd and not artist, they are in cd order. She uses shuffle too, but wanted me to look into it.

Thanks again for the time
    Just to clarify, I think what I wrote above may have been confusing. The artists are alpha (Kaiser Chiefs come before Prince), and once you go into the artist for the albums, they are also in alphabetical (Around the World comes before Purple Rain). The songs are then (generally) in CD track order (track 1, track 2, track 3). However, a few of my albums are not in the correct order. When I go to that album in the Player Pro app, it does display the album in the correct play order. That's why I don't think its a tag issue necessarily, since Player Pro is able to get the album in the right track order.

I think what I wrote above implies the songs in the albums were alphabetical, they are not, although on a few albums the sort order isn't by the album track order (but they also weren't alphabetical, which is why it was odd).
    07-22-2012 03:57 PM
    Interesting. I've only seen the wrong album order be alphabetical. I do think it's a tag problem in that the player isn't handling the tags correctly. I think it happens only on mp3s?

I have a particular album I use for testing - a Rent soundtrack that I think I ripped from my own CD.
    07-22-2012 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD