MMS pic, images are skewed

alexwolf1216

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
When I send a picture to another phone, I get a message that says "image too large, compressing". when the image arrives it has been compressed down so much that it it grainy. When I take one in landscape, it squashes it to fit and makes it all funny looking. Its like it doesnt crop, but just resizes to fit. Tell me there is a settings fix for this?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine compresses as it has on all phones because a picture with this camera is usually 2MB on average. A carrier won't allow a 2MB text picture. So they compress it down to 300-700KB.

Although the quality is dumbed down it isn't too bad... Of course it's not as good as on the phone or if I email it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can try another text app (such as handcent or ChompSMS) to set a limit on how big the MMS picture can be. I know ChompSMS allows a "no limit" options but it could be possible the carrier will reject the message if it's to big.. Just test it with a friend.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

alexwolf1216

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I suppose I am comparing to my iPhone, when I say this one compresses it I mean it visually compresses it. If the pic was taken in landscape, it smushes it and distorts the picture. Driving me nuts.

pelikansfly

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Landscape images automatically being sideways compressed to skew the image. Any way to send landscape images the way they were shot (without cropping)? Using samsung galaxy s3.

Thanks

Karl Bonney

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
hi guys, mine has compressed all my files taken of my new born baby last night, this happened as i tried to send my dad a pic, now all of the pics taken show a black and white figure symbol with a kinda lighting symbol next to it and i cannot retrieve any of my pics, very upset.

Is there a way of getting these back as all my other pics work, just not the ones taken last night???

Please help!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles