Just noticed the other day when I pulled down my notification bar. In the lower left quadrant I can see a small circle of pixels that are darker than the rest of the screen. I can only see it in a dark room with a black background. Anyone else with this issue?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    07-22-2012 01:50 PM
    From what I understand that is called the mura effect and is common on all OLED screens like the on on the S3. Everyone may have the same issue to some extent and some screens have more than others. Pretty normal, though, from what I've read. My unit has one tiny blob in the upper center.
    hathetran likes this.
    07-22-2012 03:17 PM
    I have the same issue under the same circumstances. I thought about taking it back, but it's so minute and so hard to be seen I don't think it's worth the trouble.
    hathetran likes this.
    07-22-2012 10:47 PM
    I had this on my phone, half the screen was darker than the other in the way you are describing it. I went and got it switched, it turns out this one had it too, just not as much, maybe 1 small circle vs half of the screen.
    07-23-2012 12:11 PM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...LmxjZHRlc3QiXQ..

Test your screen with this app. I have an ATT version of the phone white. No black ink issues or screen dimming issues. Let us know what you find. also have you tried turning off auto brightness and what not?

Also pull the battery. Sometimes they do strange things then turn the device back on to see if that helps at all.
    07-23-2012 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD