TecTiles - Are they still being made?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I just read about TecTiles and ... OMG... So cool. :p

But I went to the Samsung site, Amazon and did a Google search. It seems that no one has them in stock. Is this something Samsung abandoned or was it just so ridiculously popular that they couldn't make enough?

Thanks!

NickLippert

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
The AT&T store I went to yesterday had them. Might check out local carrier stores and see if they have them, I think it was $15 for 5 of them.

jac-3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I ordered from Tagstand.
The one that I have had time to play with works great. Touch it, and an alarm is set for 0600 the next day. Now I need to program the others.

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
How granular is the configuration?

For example, can I program one for my car, so when I tap it the phone unlocks and launches Poweramp?

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
How granular is the configuration?

For example, can I program one for my car, so when I tap it the phone unlocks and launches Poweramp?

Yes, my phone auto launches Google Play Music and turns on Bluetooth whenever placed in my car dock.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jac-3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I got the starter kit from tagstand.com (plus a couple of others).
I used their program: NFC Task Launcher and it gave me a list of actions that I could do. Again, haven't played with it a bunch, but it appears that I can use a tag to mimic the ModeSwitcher app from the Palm pre. The next thing I want to do is turn down volume, turn off LED, turn off GPS, etc, for bed use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay