Jelly Bean soon.....

equishd

May 20, 2012
Visit site
question: being that jelly bean is not going to have flash, how are videos going to be watchable? is it going to have html5?

It SHould be. but im still downloading Flash before the 15 just in case.
im looking fwd to Google Now and PB with my Jelly.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I would not be surprised to see Jelly Bean on the S III soon.

HOWEVER, if you're not using the international version, this does not include you! I would be shocked to see AT&T or other USA carrier bring Jelly Bean to the S III any time soon.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

HOWEVER, if you're not using the international version, this does not include you! I would be shocked to see AT&T or other USA carrier bring Jelly Bean to the S III any time soon.

yeah or even if you have a network branded international version it will take longer.
as for adobe flash.. if its not included in the firmware, surely we can still download it?

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Good point. Jelly Bean isn't a major update like ICS so hopefully it won't take as long

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

dervari

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
as for adobe flash.. if its not included in the firmware, surely we can still download it?

No, download will be limited in the Play Store to certain models. You will be able to sideload it, but from what I've read Flash and JB do not seem to get along well. I'm not looking forward to losing this incredible advantage over the I*.

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
same m8. that sounds bad. so many sites still use flash :( google should have waited til html5 became the standard

It wasn't entirely Google's choice. Adobe threw in the towel with ICS, choosing to give up on mobile Flash and make ICS the last officially supported version of Android for Flash. A stupid move IMO, since current mobile devices finally have the horsepower to deal with the lack of optimizations that lead Adobe to quit it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I say Samsung will release Jelly Bean for the S3 within the next 30days...

However, hard telling when each of the big carriers in the US will have it ready for release!

Posted from my Sprint White GS3 via Tapatalk

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm content to wait for jellybean, even if it takes a year. I like the hardware and software on the s3 and there's no other phone I would have rather bought.

That being said, I think there's a good chance that Samsung will release JB much sooner. I think a lot of their behaviour in the s3 release points to this. The US version has 2gb of space to future proof it, all carriers were forced to carry the same model. JB on the s3 in september seems likely

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund