Jelly Bean soon.....

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay. I'm always up for updates.I love improving my phone but I'm not sure what jelly bean is really going to do.

So we get project butter. The smoothness of the galaxy s3 takes care of this problem in android already. Well. I don't have that problem at least.

Notifications... not really sure how they will change but unless it's like web os notifications I doubt it's all that different. Hopefully some LED improvements.

Google Now, I just admit seems amazing but I haven't seen it do anything other than find information, send texts, and set alarms. Does it open apps? Play music? Change settings? Will it replace svoice?

I'm not downing the upgrade. I want it just like the rest of you. Just not sure how we will be affected. Seems overrated. Will it be worth the hype? Any of you rooters have it already?

Dangeroid

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the apk and firebox beta on my nexus 7 and it works perfectly. I'm sure this will work fine when we get jelly bean on the s3 as well

I tried this method on my N7 and it didnt work - I try to open flash related content and it brings up an error and closes Firefox. I dont suppose you could run through how you did it (and maybe where you got the specific versions of firefox/flash)?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to ask newb questions. What is difference between Flash and HTML5? How will not having it affect our ability to see certain web content?

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Project Butter, and Google Now make it a worthwhile update. I'd be upset if we didn't get Google now because of S-Voice, especially in light of S-Voice being absolutely terrible.

Reactions: 20blks

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to ask newb questions. What is difference between Flash and HTML5? How will not having it affect our ability to see certain web content?

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3 Handheld Device

My take: Flash is a browser plugin created by Adobe to provide dynamic web site capability back in the earlier HTML days when HTML did not provide anything but static elements. Many (most?) sites have moved away from Flash as an animation technique but one of the major issues is that along with the plugin Adobe created a video format that worked easily with the Flash plugin and many sites (YouTube and CBS as examples) provide their videos in Flash Video format and this no longer works without the Flash Plugin or some other video player browser plugin. HTML5 is the latest international standard. The problem is that even the latest browsers have incomplete implementation of the standard. I don't follow this with any rigor so my info might be out of date but the actual standard is has just been completed or is nearing completion right now which probably accounts for the lack of total browser implementation of the standard.

<rant>What annoys many of us is that web sites generated in full HTML 5 as proposed by many out on the internet would not run completely in almost any browser today and many people and most corporations are not even updated to the latest. Prime example: Internet Explorer 10 has the most complete implementation of HTML5 of the IE group however it will (currently) only run on Windows 8 which will not even be released until October, 2012. I won't even go into the inconsistent implement of the portions of HTML5 that developers need to make it really work...</rant>

Sorry about that

Mike

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I tried this method on my N7 and it didnt work - I try to open flash related content and it brings up an error and closes Firefox. I dont suppose you could run through how you did it (and maybe where you got the specific versions of firefox/flash)?

Did you try ICS Browser+ ? Another option for a browser that understands and handled plugins. Since I don't have JB I assume ICS Browser+ runs under it.

Mike

Reactions: msndrstood

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
ICS Browser + is on the Play Store and written by BeanSoft. It is an enhanced ICS Stock Browser. I just checked the play store and it claims to not work on JB...

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you're under Sprint, you better not get your hopes up. More like November or December. :D

I would be surprised to see Sprint get it that soon The way they have been with their updates lately makes me doubt they will have it this year. But I hope I am wrong. Would be nice to have some Jelly beans for Christmas.

Dangeroid

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
ICS Browser + is on the Play Store and written by BeanSoft. It is an enhanced ICS Stock Browser. I just checked the play store and it claims to not work on JB...

Yes I found that too. I managed to get flash working in the end with Firefox Beta. The last time I tried it I think it was the latest Firefox direct from their website and that was what didnt work for me.

Flash player 11.1 + Firefox Beta = Flash on JB :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc