• Atom

0 0%
  • Nova

23 57.50%
  • GoLauncher

6 15.00%
  • Other (explain in comments)

3 7.50%
    I have been toying with five different launchers on my new SIII and I'm curious what everybody else is using and why. I have used Nova, Apex, Atom, GoLauncher, and stock TouchWiz. There are things I like about some over the others, but I'm trying to decide if either Nova or Apex are worth the extra money for the upgrade ($4 I think for each of them). So, what's everybody using and why?
    07-22-2012 10:48 PM
    I started with GO and thought that was good. I have now switched to the Nova launcher. I like the Nova actions especially the recent apps one. I don't like holding the home button down for so long.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    07-22-2012 10:55 PM
    i think Go Launcher just keeps gettin better with each update :-)
    07-22-2012 10:56 PM
    at the moment nova started today but thinking of going back to GO
    07-22-2012 11:14 PM
    Played with TouchWiz for a few hours before the limitations started to irritate me. I had been using ADW EX on my OG EVO, which I purchased, and love it. I checked the developers page and he hasn't made any updates in months.

I tried APEX after the praises I read from users on this and other forums. I love it.

I only wish I can view more than 4 apps per column in the app drawer. ADW had a feature that allowed me to display 5, 6, etc.
    07-22-2012 11:22 PM
    im sure other launchers do this but i love how Go can hide the status bar and make it appear with a gesture (i use a finger up the screen to display/hide it and down to pull down notification bar) you can do same thing with the bottom dock and have three scrollable docks of upto 5 shortcuts each if u want too
    07-22-2012 11:28 PM
    im sure other launchers do this but i love how Go can hide the status bar and make it appear with a gesture (i use a finger up the screen to display/hide it and down to pull down notification bar) you can do same thing with the bottom dock and have three scrollable docks of upto 5 shortcuts each if u want too
    ADW could hide the status bar as well. APEX too.

I promised myself not to use this feature on the G III as I found myself hiding and displaying the status bar all the time. It became a compulsive behavior to see what was in the status bar.
    07-22-2012 11:32 PM
    lol i just like to see my whole live wallpaper it only hides it on homescreen (or lockscreen if i choose it to)
    07-22-2012 11:44 PM
    lol i just like to see my whole live wallpaper it only hides it on homescreen (or lockscreen if i choose it to)
    I hear you.

On my EVO, I found myself constantly swyping down to see the status bar and swyping up to hide it.

I liked seeing my entire wallpaper, too. Doesn't bother me so much anymore with such a big screen.

Just personal preference. Who knows? Maybe I'll end up hiding it again.
    07-22-2012 11:50 PM
    lol and give urself OCD again
    07-23-2012 12:01 AM
    Good ol stock launcher for me....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    07-23-2012 11:11 AM
    Woops, i meant Apex not nova

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    07-23-2012 11:28 AM
    Been using Go launcher for past year or so.

Tried Nova and Apex because of all of the positive reviews. After a few days of trying out each one, i uninstalled both of them and went back to Go launcher.

Go can do everything both of those other launchers can do and much more. Go also runs butter smooth on SGIII.
    07-23-2012 12:45 PM
    Been using Go launcher for past year or so.

Tried Nova and Apex because of all of the positive reviews. After a few days of trying out each one, i uninstalled both of them and went back to Go launcher.

Go can do everything both of those other launchers can do and much more. Go also runs butter smooth on SGIII.
    Any concerns about the persistent comment that go apps mine your personal info and sell/use it? I don't know if it is true, but how are they making money?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
    07-23-2012 12:58 PM
    Any concerns about the persistent comment that go apps mine your personal info and sell/use it? I don't know if it is true, but how are they making money?

I haven't heard about that before. I'm not sure if that is true or not either.
    07-23-2012 03:32 PM

suppose it could be true.. how do Opera make their money? tbh Go probably make their money from the skins + themes for their apps
    07-23-2012 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD