A few days ago, the left half of my notification bar became blocked. Or something. Battery Monitor and Calendar in Notification Bar disappeared. All that was left was arrow with a minus in the middle (it looks like the backspace key on the keyboard, except that it contains a minus instead of an x). I've uninstalled and reinstalled both apps, but the reinstalled icons don't show either.

I've now spent several hours trying to figure this out. Nada. Please, someone, help me figure this out.

Thanks,
    Sandra

Samsung Galaxy GT i9300
    ICS 4.0.4
    32 GB with additional 64 GB SD card
    International (Romanian) model, unlocked and unrooted--everything stock except apps
    AT&T SIM card
    07-23-2012 12:52 PM
    Shut the phone down and pull the battery. if this does not work then I would hard reset the phone.
    07-23-2012 12:56 PM
    No no... there's nothing "wrong" you just turned off notifications... lol

Goto the pull down menu and scroll left/right thru the icons at the top of that scroll down menu and you will see a toggle for notifications. You must of hit it by accident.
    07-23-2012 02:05 PM

Goto the pull down menu and scroll left/right thru the icons at the top of that scroll down menu and you will see a toggle for notifications. You must of hit it by accident.
    Sorry I didn't know that! I don't think the US version has this. I tried and I didn't find it. I know he has the international version. Sorry for my misinformation!
    07-23-2012 02:10 PM
    Shut the phone down and pull the battery. if this does not work then I would hard reset the phone.
    ...battery pulls are for Blackberries... lol
    07-23-2012 02:28 PM

Been there done that and got the T Shirt
    07-23-2012 02:29 PM
    Crester: Thank you! It took me a few minutes to understand your instructions--and then I realized that you meant that scrolling toolbar thing along the top of the pull-down screen. A second later, success! Thank you again.

As for pulling the battery and then resetting, that's a draconion reaction to a minor glitch. That kind of solution reminds me of the early days of Windows, when the first level tech support would make two simple, futile suggestions (make sure your computer is plugged in and turns on, e.g.) and then told you to reinstall Windows--a week of work.

And no comments from you Mac fans. That's not the point here.

Thanks yet again.
    Sandra

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    07-24-2012 08:47 AM
    lol its a simple mistake to make i still havent had to pull the battery after like 2months of this phone + im a heavy user as i use it for all my internet needs. thats pretty amazing for an android. ive had to restart it a few times to clear ram that the task manager wouldnt do but thats fair enuf
    07-24-2012 05:27 PM
    I can't pull down my notification bar can you guys help me plz
    12-07-2015 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD