08-15-2012 10:03 PM
130 ... 3456
tools
    I am. Scratches all over my Galaxy Nexus. My Galaxy S2 is MINT!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    08-09-2012 08:36 PM
    Lol. And for the record, I'm nude....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    in the vid?? ok im gona subscribe xx
    08-09-2012 09:14 PM
    Mines covered,not taking any chances.
    08-09-2012 09:42 PM
    I have a Boxwave case on mine and a screen protector. I got 3 for $2 so I can't complain. I would rather not worry about the screen even if it does have gorilla glass.
    08-09-2012 11:46 PM
    I was going au naturale for a couple of weeks to test the phone, but I really like to protect my investments. So I finally put a SGP Nano screen protector on last night. You really can't see it on the phone. The feeling is not quite as smooth as their Crystal line (had it for my iP4) but it is still 100% less friction than Zagg.

This provides me with 2 benefits. Firstly, the screen stays clear and pristine and if I decide to sell it, or give it to a family member, they get a "like new" device. Secondly, as stupid as it sounds I really like looking at a nice clear screen. If my protector gets a scratch, you can replace it inexpensively, but if the actual screen gets scratched, it costs a hella lot more to replace it if you can't stand looking at it!
    08-10-2012 08:08 AM
    Keeping mine nude. I tend to baby my phones so I have no worries about scratching it.
    08-10-2012 09:13 AM
    Totally buff.

Dropped it in the Sprint store once
    08-10-2012 10:11 PM
    Mine has been screen protector free since I bought it... maybe a month or so. I've used multiple different cases all with lips. Otterbox Commuter, Seidio Convert, and an Incipio. I've completely babied the phone from day one. I started reading about all these micro scratches and could not find a single one on mine but I decided to order a screen protector anyways. As I was installing the screen protector tonight I was under the brightest light in my house and lo and behold a bunch of micro scratches could be seen. I would say if you like your phone definitely buy some kind of screen protector. All these micro scratches will add up after a while and you will see them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    08-10-2012 11:20 PM
    I had zero problems with scratches. My only only complaint is that the screen got some weird vertical wide lines that won't go away. They are like smudges but when I clean them, they stay. And they look worse when the screen is actually dirty. What I did was putting on a screen protector after cleaning it with a cloth and now I don't notice it. But it was worse than having scratches. I don't know if it is related to the gorilla glass or what.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    08-10-2012 11:57 PM
    I've had the Zagg HD on for a week, it is still the same sticky material maybe a little thinner than the original but I'm going to get the Xgear spectre, or will definitely be noticeably thicker but it's suppose to feel the same as the screen being nude. Glass and oleophobic layer.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII
    08-11-2012 11:27 PM
    My SGH-T999:

ZAGG Total Protection, front and back.
    08-12-2012 12:17 AM
    My SGH-T999:

ZAGG Total Protection, front and back.
    I had that on a phone once. Couldn't stand the sticky rubber like texture. And the yellowing after some time.

08-12-2012 10:40 AM
    Zagg HD. Screen only. Much better than the original.
    08-12-2012 11:45 AM
    I find it to be pretty much the same, less the some of the stickiness.

08-12-2012 11:50 AM
    Went to look at Zagg HD at a local mall. Everything was behind locked glass cabinets. I asked to see a sample to see if it felt rubbery. They had nothing, which I couldn't believe. Just walked away.

08-12-2012 12:04 PM
    Went to look at Zagg HD at a local mall. Everything was behind locked glass cabinets. I asked to see a sample to see if it felt rubbery. They had nothing, which I couldn't believe. Just walked away.

You mean you "justleft." Haha. Drum roll.

But I'll tell you or feels like crap. I'm requesting a return and getting the spectre tempered glass from xgear.

08-12-2012 03:20 PM
    Idk, I love the HD version and think it feels like soft glass, much better than the sticky orange peel version of old imo. I know people that prefer the old version too. Some people just don't like the feel of the nano film period. I am in the mode of paying retail and selling my phone afterwards, and the title " flawless screen, had screen protected always," is a much easier sell and gets top dollar, no matter what screen protector you use
    08-12-2012 04:04 PM
    Never will use a screen protector again. Now days phones shouldn't have to have a screen protector or else they would come with one. My evo and gs3 as well as my EVO lte all never had a screen protector and not one has a scratch. Are u people that do get scratches just so ocd that u are noticing the smallest of imperfections or is it flaws in the screen? I've seen numerous people take keys and rocks and try to gouge or scratch their screens only to wipe it and there isn't a mark on it.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    08-12-2012 04:33 PM
    Didn't plan on using a screen protector but didn't want to regret the decision, so I put on the cheap one that came with the Incipio case I bought.
    It's been slowly peeling off at the edges so I went to the Best Buy Mobile store in the mall today and had them put on a Zagg HD. No regrets, I like their screen protectors .

Sent from my Dual Boot Nook Tablet using pasta and meat sauce with vino.
    08-12-2012 06:35 PM
    Nude screen wrapped in a cruzerlite. Front left pocket,,,Phone only. perfect condition since 7-5
    08-12-2012 06:36 PM
    I had that on a phone once. Couldn't stand the sticky rubber like texture. And the yellowing after some time.

Not a problem here (in either regard) with the new ZAGGs.
    08-13-2012 12:39 AM

But I'll tell you or feels like crap. I'm requesting a return and getting the spectre tempered glass from xgear.

I like that! Thanks for the reply on the Zagg. I thought it was very odd that they didn't have one available. Wondered what they were using in their phones.

08-14-2012 04:34 PM
    i call you people...... daredevils! lol~ i've learned the hard way that gorilla glass is NOT scratch resistant...
    08-14-2012 08:17 PM
    mines still naked n perfect. like my bum
    08-14-2012 08:44 PM

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
    I have (had) the Spectre tempered glass - I've discovered dust getting in under the glass which became really annoying. I ended up taking it off.

It feels great, for sure, but because the clear portion has no adhesive (only along the colored borders), dust got in around the earpiece and home button and, I presume, static attracted it up between the display's glass and the Spectre.

So for now I'm back to naked. I've ordered the Steinhil Curved Crystal, but not sure when I'll receive it.
    08-14-2012 09:22 PM
130 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD