08-15-2012 09:03 PM
130 ... 456
tools
    id be more careful. i went naked sg3 for 4 weeks, then accidentally dropped it from taking it out of my pocket, screen first. screen cracked. no insurance, but it worked out better (ship it to samsung, they fix it for $179, or go through insurance, pay a $200 deductible, still pay $10 a month extra on your bill, and run the risk of getting a refurbished phone.

so $179 samsung repair > $200 deduct + $10 a month extra on bill.

sucks to fork over that money and not have a smart phone for a week (using an old blackberry 8100, yes it's a smart phone, but it's a 2007 and runs off edge network).

just informing those who are being daring by going case less. I ended up buying a rock "quicksand" thin case for $20 on amazon. it doesn't offer total protection but it's better than nothing.
    08-14-2012 10:34 PM
    id be more careful. i went naked sg3 for 4 weeks, then accidentally dropped it from taking it out of my pocket, screen first. screen cracked. no insurance, but it worked out better (ship it to samsung, they fix it for $179, or go through insurance, pay a $200 deductible, still pay $10 a month extra on your bill, and run the risk of getting a refurbished phone.

so $179 samsung repair > $200 deduct + $10 a month extra on bill.

sucks to fork over that money and not have a smart phone for a week (using an old blackberry 8100, yes it's a smart phone, but it's a 2007 and runs off edge network).

just informing those who are being daring by going case less. I ended up buying a rock "quicksand" thin case for $20 on amazon. it doesn't offer total protection but it's better than nothing.
    You're thinking short term. What is you're over your 1 year manufacturers warranty and the phone breaks? Water damage? The insurance pretty much covers everything and is essentially an extended warranty as well.

Edit: your rock quicksand is a rubberized hard case available for $3 on eBay.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII
    08-15-2012 07:50 AM
    I'm wayyyy tooo clumsy to go completely naked...no way.
    08-15-2012 07:51 AM
    You're thinking short term. What is you're over your 1 year manufacturers warranty and the phone breaks? Water damage? The insurance pretty much covers everything and is essentially an extended warranty as well.

Edit: your rock quicksand is a rubberized hard case available for $3 on eBay.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
    i knew that. a risk i am willing to take. had an iphone for 3 years prior, never dropped it. this time around the slipperiness of the s3 in 100% humidity during a ball game got to me. a reason why i bought a rough case to cradle it.

edit: those "rock quicksand" cases you found are knockoffs. the real cases run about $12-15 plus shipping comes to about $20. i've done enough research, plus $20 is actually fantastic for a case considering at&t and most decent apple cases rip you off. thanks anyway though.
    08-15-2012 03:16 PM
    i knew that. a risk i am willing to take. had an iphone for 3 years prior, never dropped it. this time around the slipperiness of the s3 in 100% humidity during a ball game got to me. a reason why i bought a rough case to cradle it.

edit: those "rock quicksand" cases you found are knockoffs. the real cases run about $12-15 plus shipping comes to about $20. i've done enough research, plus $20 is actually fantastic for a case considering at&t and most decent apple cases rip you off. thanks anyway though.
    I didn't even search it lol, I just made 5e assumption it resembled the other hard cases with a rubberized coating. Or the tpu like cases with a rubber coating, all in all cost roughly $3 on eBay. If you're like me and don't want to have to baby the case too much, then I'd get an otterbox or the likes, I had it on my Bold 9900, when it came time to check the phone before I listed it for sale....like new. And I had the commuter because I carried it in my pocket, the defender would stick.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII
    08-15-2012 09:03 PM
130 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD