Is there any way to change the home button options?

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyway to change it so they you can double tap it to see your recent apps?

I'm using apex launcher btw

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

You can do this on Nova, and I have heard both are very similar. What you want to look for in settings is "Gestures and Buttons". Should be similar in Apex. Another option you can do is on your dock you can have swype actions on any of the icons to open up "recent apps" which I prefer since it will save the home button from wear.

Reactions: mc_gusto

professorjay

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Tried it, just changes whether the home button goes to the home screen or opens the recent apps

I just want to change it so you double tap for apps and single press for homescreen

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

That's what I did -set it to recent apps- and it kind gives you the double tap effect in a roundabout way.

If you are in the middle of an app, like using a browser, then you press once and it goes to the home screen. The 2nd tap brings up the recent apps. The S3 is so fast that if you do a quick double tap it brings recent apps up instantly (w/ the homescreen in the background). It's one of the 2 main reasons I went w/ Nova (the other being folders in the app drawer).

And if you are already on a homescreen, then pressing the home button once brings up recent apps obviously.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
That's what I did -set it to recent apps- and it kind gives you the double tap effect in a roundabout way.

If you are in the middle of an app, like using a browser, then you press once and it goes to the home screen. The 2nd tap brings up the recent apps. The S3 is so fast that if you do a quick double tap it brings recent apps up instantly (w/ the homescreen in the background). It's one of the 2 main reasons I went w/ Nova (the other being folders in the app drawer).

And if you are already on a homescreen, then pressing the home button once brings up recent apps obviously.

that sounds like a better solution. it will prevent any lag when u wana just tap 1ce to go to homescreen :)

bulls96

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Same need here. Nova still goes t home screen when in an app. Would like to go to recent apps right away. Thanks?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
try "dock4droid" for nice fast multitasking (play with settings for a while to get it perfect.
just tried to take screenshot but it seems to be imposible lol :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance