12-09-2016 06:48 AM
32 12
tools
    Is there anyway to change it so they you can double tap it to see your recent apps?

I'm using apex launcher btw

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    07-23-2012 05:13 PM
    Is there anyway to change it so they you can double tap it to see your recent apps?

I'm using apex launcher btw

You can do this on Nova, and I have heard both are very similar. What you want to look for in settings is "Gestures and Buttons". Should be similar in Apex. Another option you can do is on your dock you can have swype actions on any of the icons to open up "recent apps" which I prefer since it will save the home button from wear.
    mc_gusto likes this.
    07-23-2012 05:29 PM
    Apex settings are weird, idk which

Attachment 32121

07-23-2012 06:09 PM

Attachment 32121
    Try "Home Key Action"
    07-23-2012 06:13 PM
    Try "Home Key Action"
    Tried it, just changes whether the home button goes to the home screen or opens the recent apps

I just want to change it so you double tap for apps and single press for homescreen

07-23-2012 06:18 PM
    Sorry, as I said I do not have Apex, maybe someone who does can chime in. I know you can do it with Nova.
    07-23-2012 06:29 PM
    Sorry, as I said I do not have Apex, maybe someone who does can chime in. I know you can do it with Nova.
    It's cool, thanks for helping anyway

I had nova for a second a few weeks ago when I was trying out launchers, i may try it again soon, but I love apex

07-23-2012 06:51 PM
    Tried it, just changes whether the home button goes to the home screen or opens the recent apps

I just want to change it so you double tap for apps and single press for homescreen

That's what I did -set it to recent apps- and it kind gives you the double tap effect in a roundabout way.

If you are in the middle of an app, like using a browser, then you press once and it goes to the home screen. The 2nd tap brings up the recent apps. The S3 is so fast that if you do a quick double tap it brings recent apps up instantly (w/ the homescreen in the background). It's one of the 2 main reasons I went w/ Nova (the other being folders in the app drawer).

And if you are already on a homescreen, then pressing the home button once brings up recent apps obviously.
    07-23-2012 09:44 PM
    That's what I did -set it to recent apps- and it kind gives you the double tap effect in a roundabout way.

If you are in the middle of an app, like using a browser, then you press once and it goes to the home screen. The 2nd tap brings up the recent apps. The S3 is so fast that if you do a quick double tap it brings recent apps up instantly (w/ the homescreen in the background). It's one of the 2 main reasons I went w/ Nova (the other being folders in the app drawer).

And if you are already on a homescreen, then pressing the home button once brings up recent apps obviously.
    that sounds like a better solution. it will prevent any lag when u wana just tap 1ce to go to homescreen
    07-23-2012 10:21 PM
    A long press of the home key will bring up your recent apps.
    liteon163 likes this.
    07-23-2012 10:56 PM
    A long press of the home key will bring up your recent apps.
    yeah but he's maybe used to doing a double-tap so wants it to do that
    07-23-2012 11:46 PM
    yeah but he's maybe used to doing a double-tap so wants it to do that
    Double tap does s-voice.
    07-24-2012 12:53 AM
    lol we know. u can switch that off. the dude wants to double-tap for task manager
    07-24-2012 01:47 AM
    Double tap does s-voice.
    Have you read the title or the OP or any of the replies here? We're talking about how to change it.
    07-24-2012 12:23 PM
    Have you read the title or the OP or any of the replies here? We're talking about how to change it.
    lol ur less patient than me
    07-24-2012 04:36 PM
    Same need here. Nova still goes t home screen when in an app. Would like to go to recent apps right away. Thanks?
    10-06-2012 03:04 PM
    Well, not exactly what you folks are looking for since it doesn't modify the Home button but it's a solution - try this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.smart.swkey. It says that some of the keys work without root, but I can't tell you which ones since my SGSIII is rooted. Is there any way to change the home button options?-uploadfromtaptalk1349556704644.jpg
    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    10-06-2012 03:51 PM
    try "dock4droid" for nice fast multitasking (play with settings for a while to get it perfect.
    just tried to take screenshot but it seems to be imposible lol

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-06-2012 10:56 PM

Attachment 32121

I'm not 100% sure about the home button but I think for now with Apex the best method is to use either "Swipe up" or "Pinch in" assigned to open recent apps.

Which is something I'm gonna do right now... good question.
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-06-2012 11:52 PM
    I just wanna say that Nova is the BEST launcher on Android!... That's is all

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-07-2012 12:03 AM
    Well, not exactly what you folks are looking for since it doesn't modify the Home button but it's a solution - try this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.smart.swkey. It says that some of the keys work without root, but I can't tell you which ones since my SGSIII is rooted. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1349556704644.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	40059
    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    I've actually ran across this app tons of times but never looked at it because of the root thing

But u had no idea it could actually simulate the ics dock

Is there any way that you could set it up to be at the bottom of your screen so it would look just like the galaxy Nexus?

I'm seriously considering rooting my phone now just to have it

Thx

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    10-07-2012 07:25 AM
    I just wanna say that Nova is the BEST launcher on Android!... That's is all

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!
    Apex is better cause the free version has more features than nova free

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    10-07-2012 07:26 AM
    Is there any way that you could set it up to be at the bottom of your screen so it would look just like the galaxy Nexus?
    You can choose where to place the little hot spot (for lack of a better term) that brings up the menu. Note that the menu that's shown in the screenshot isn't visible all the time - just the hot spot is, and you can change the transparency level, placement, etc. You should try it unrooted just to see what features it offers and perhaps it'll be sufficient. If you do, please post an update letting everyone else know which buttons work without root.

10-07-2012 07:44 AM
    You can choose where to place the little hot spot (for lack of a better term) that brings up the menu. Note that the menu that's shown in the screenshot isn't visible all the time - just the hot spot is, and you can change the transparency level, placement, etc. You should try it unrooted just to see what features it offers and perhaps it'll be sufficient. If you do, please post an update letting everyone else know which buttons work without root.

Have yet to find a feature that works without root but I like the overall idea of the app and it stays on until you hit the hide button

Wish it could take up the entire bottom of my screen, but as is, I am considering root to use all its full features

Attached Thumbnails Is there any way to change the home button options?-uploadfromtaptalk1349614836363.jpg  
    10-07-2012 08:00 AM
    Apex is better cause the free version has more features than nova free

Well Nova has more features in the paid version...it even has "Jelly Bean" features like the automatic movable widgets, animations, and their own "project butter"..pow!
    10-07-2012 07:45 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD