Hey guys, been using a smartphone for a while but wasn't until recently I noticed you can do pictures with the soft quality to it along with depth of field. I've seen some shots in the s3 reviews and wonder what the settings are to get that look with stock rom?
    07-24-2012 11:43 AM
    No small sensor camera can do a very small depth of field especially without zoom. Best option is to get close to your subject with a distant background or add background blur with photoshop.
    07-24-2012 12:17 PM
    Try After Focus. It is an app that lets you blur the background in your photos.

Sent from my Jelly Bean-equipped Galaxy Nexus
    07-24-2012 12:41 PM
    As gwlaw99 suggested, controlling shallow depth of field with the fixed focal length cameras in smartphones is limited.

Basically the ratio of distance from the camera to the object and the camera to the background needs to be high. So get the subject close to the camera. Macro mode helps in focusing on objects close to the phone.

A quick example with the GSIII

-Suntan
    07-24-2012 01:26 PM
    Focus on your main subject with the auto focus, get close to it like suntan said, then there should be at least a decent dof/bokeh. Also have to factor in the limitations of the lens/fstop used on the camera.
    07-24-2012 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD