To me google now is one of the biggest updates for jb. What do you guys think gs3 will do when it comes to google now. My one x broke and I am thinking about getting this phone but I want it to get google now.
    07-24-2012 10:07 PM
    its a difficult one man. ur right, google now is really big but i dont know if samsung (or htc) will use it u could always put a vanilla custom rom on the s3 though once theyr useable
    07-24-2012 10:14 PM
    honestly Gnow is honestly a must for me! love the s3 but svoice is a gimmick compare to it.
    i dont see why htc wouldnt carry it on the one x tho.
    07-24-2012 10:23 PM
    I liked my one x but there was a lot of software problems that I couldn't handle. I might get the s3 and flash a custom rom. But that is intimidating to me since I have never done it. Can't be that hard
    07-24-2012 10:40 PM
    the one x is a great phone but ive heard of too many problems and bad service. i hope samsung ditch s-voice, ive never even used it. voice recognition doesnt understand my glasgow accent lol. google now does so much more. s-voice was just a gimmick to attract apple fans, not a serious tool.
    aparently the s3 is very hard to brick jake m8, much safer than the s2. im not very good with computers though. the phones ive rooted + rommed in thd past have been possible without a pc
    07-24-2012 11:57 PM
    I can't wait for it, it's gunna demolish s voice

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    07-25-2012 01:16 AM
    I hope they have it, but find it hard to believe Samsung will implement it.

Imagine all the time, effort and money spent to develop S-Voice, and they will throw it all away to in favour for Google Now?

It seems Samsung wants to differentiate themselves and not simply be one of the many Andorioid smartphone makers out there.
    07-25-2012 10:32 AM
    All features from ics that aren't launcher related made it into the s2 and s3, meaning face unlock and Google voice typing, so I am hoping Google now will make it as well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    07-25-2012 10:47 AM
    Google Now is arguably the must have feature of Jellybean, beside Project Butter. So I really hope they don't act like idiots and not implement it.
    07-25-2012 11:22 AM
    I hope they have it, but find it hard to believe Samsung will implement it.

Imagine all the time, effort and money spent to develop S-Voice, and they will throw it all away to in favour for Google Now?

It seems Samsung wants to differentiate themselves and not simply be one of the many Andorioid smartphone makers out there.
    did u notice how in s3 advertising they never mention being an Android smartphone? IMO samsung will end up buying their own OS. aparently web-os is up for grabs. i honestly dont know about US users but in the uk we dont have manufacturer loyalty. im loyal to android unless something better comes along but i just got the s3 coz its the most powerful thing around. il probz end up wishin id waited for whatever the new nexus phone will be
    07-25-2012 11:23 AM
    Wasn't their s-voice decimated by the Apple court injunctions? Samsung just might cut and run on s-voice and allow google now. S-voice served its purpose in helping with LOTS of new sales on this device.
    http://www.droid-life.com/2012/07/20...d-down-search/
    07-25-2012 11:25 AM
    Worst case scenario you can always flash an aosp ROM, cm10, etc. I have cm10 on my sprint s3 right now and google now is pretty awesome. I think Samsung's goal should be to sell as many phones as they can and that means having the best product. Google now helps them to be the best product, so they can't be butt hurt about it just because S-Voice sucks. They have to just cut their losses
    07-25-2012 11:39 AM
    Wasn't their s-voice decimated by the Apple court injunctions? Samsung just might cut and run on s-voice and allow google now. S-voice served its purpose in helping with LOTS of new sales on this device.
    http://www.droid-life.com/2012/07/20...d-down-search/
    no, no injuctions or anything againts the galaxy s3. Apple did file a claim against it,, but i dont think it has gone to court.

Samsung removed local search from the S3 ecause of the nexus loosing that battle. So samsung decided to remove it on the GS3 so they wont be sued about that.
    PeteJE likes this.
    07-25-2012 04:08 PM
    How easy is it to get the phone back to factory after rooting and putting custom rooms on it
    07-26-2012 06:57 PM
    How easy is it to get the phone back to factory after rooting and putting custom rooms on it
    save a copy of the stock rom using clockwork mod before flashing and there should be an un-root technique
    07-27-2012 02:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD