Final Explanation of "Purple" Home Button

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Here it is for those that are complaining and "Think" that the home button is purple on the Pebble Blue GS3. The button is not purple, it is actually the EXACT same color of the phone. The reason that it looks different is because, unlike the rest of the front of the phone, it does not have glass covering it. This makes the button have more of a satin look and the color stands out more. The bottom line is that it is NOT purple and never was.

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I think the point is... the reason the button stands out is because it doesn't have glass on top of it. That's why it looks different than the rest of the phone.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So the rest of the device is the same color as the home button? The home button looks purple, but if the areas that have glass covering the color, it's not purple? :D

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My guess is that it's the same exact color but the button is a different material than the rest of the phone so it shows up differently. It's the same thing as if you paint a sheetrock wall vs a plaster wall. Same paint but looks different.
That said, I have the blue phone and the button looks fine to me. I still don't understand what people are upset about.

Sebakl

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi there

Sorry to disappoint, but the gloss coating has nothing to do with the color.

I have the very first batch of S3 from Samsung's official launch in Malaysia, and the button on this model was 100% identical to the rest of the phone's front.
Just as blue, and not a tiny bit of difference.

Last Sunday I followed friend of mine to a Sepang racing circuit, for a truck day, and while climbing out of a freaking Ferrari with stupid bucket seats, twisting myself
like a motor skills challenged person, the phone fell out my pocket and the screen cracked.

Monday morning sent to Samsung for screen replacement, and the first thing I noticed upon collection, was that the button was different, "purple" different.

I ask that nice dude behind the contour, why did he gave me a China made screen replica (just teasing him), while looking at the damaged part right next to it, being clearly
so much different. He was going out of his way to assure me it was a genuine part :) And explained that certain batches, come in slight different colors. Which is not intentional,
simply poor effort on the quality control.

cheers,
and have a good evening

Seba

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
The white button looks same as bezel ;)

ps, why didnt they just adjust the colour of the "blue" button so it matched the bezel bezel?? Must be intentional?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
If you really want to freak out over important stuff... Look at the Samsung across the top of your phone. They obviously ran out of "A"s and had to use an upside down V.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
If you really want to freak out over important stuff... Look at the Samsung across the top of your phone. They obviously ran out of "A"s and had to use an upside down V.

Mines covered in black vinyl :)
Any1 complaining about home buttons, take a look at the Verizon (i think) Note 2 lmao it should be illegal :D

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Mines covered in black vinyl :)
Any1 complaining about home buttons, take a look at the Verizon (i think) Note 2 lmao it should be illegal :D

Lol yeah with the logo on it...now they sell replacement home buttons without the logo

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Lol its a travesty innit..... if a UK carrier tried to pull that BLEEP lol......

I would love to know who they had to bend over for to get that one approved.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I would love to know who they had to bend over for to get that one approved.

Just when we thought samsung had apple power lol.
They should have told verison to BLEEP right off!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I do not know what the heck they were thinking. If it would have been the first note, an unproven, new class of smartphone I could have seen it maybe. But the note is a proven winner...

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I do not know what the heck they were thinking. If it would have been the first note, an unproven, new class of smartphone I could have seen it maybe. But the note is a proven winner...

Exactly. Sammy are in a position to say to a provider "like it or lump it" theyre giving back power they had gained from the dark side.
Im ashamed of them :banghead:

ps i bet google is full of tips for removing the logo like the old sugar-cube trick lol :)