One X to S3

beavo451

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I was debating between these two phones and I liked the One X better, so I bought that. However, it has an issue where going to the home screen will show "loading" for about 5 seconds before showing anything. This happens occasionally but a lot more than I want it too. I researched the issue, but there does not seem to be a reliable fix. This is a deal breaker for me , so before I go to the store and make the change to the S3, I just wanted to make sure that the S3 doesn't do that?

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Does it sometimes...
Only takes a second and if you delete the big stupid clock that seems to make it better

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Nope. The S3 I have or the one my wife has does not do that. It's actually very snappy. There may be a slight 1/2 to 1 second delay but no problems loading anything.

Jon_Cox

May 26, 2010
Visit site
My S3 doesn't, and I went from the One X to the GS3 (used a 4S until I could get the S3). My One X had issues with random reboots and iffy wifi connections, though I thought the One X was plenty quick. Did you have a lot of widgets and/or icons running on the home screen? If so, that may have contributed to the lag on returning to it.

That said, my GS3 has so far been absolutely flawless and I am loving it. I always found it hard to make the permanent transition to Android from the iOS ecosystem, but this phone has sealed the deal.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Lag is a well known issue with the HOX, not so much on the S3. Really the only thing the HOX has over the S3 is the screen and that is a matter of preference. PhoneArena does a great comparo on the 2 phones and picks the S3 hands down. Also think about which phone is likely to get updated and more available accessories. IMO since the S3 is selling in the 10s of millions it is likely to be a better choice.

beavo451

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
My S3 doesn't, and I went from the One X to the GS3 (used a 4S until I could get the S3). My One X had issues with random reboots and iffy wifi connections, though I thought the One X was plenty quick. Did you have a lot of widgets and/or icons running on the home screen? If so, that may have contributed to the lag on returning to it.

That said, my GS3 has so far been absolutely flawless and I am loving it. I always found it hard to make the permanent transition to Android from the iOS ecosystem, but this phone has sealed the deal.

No I don't have much running. Calendar widget, power widget, and 5 icons. The last time it did it, I went from unlocking the phone, check my text messages, and then it had to load home.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Are you running the stock Sense launcher?

Before going to all the hassle of replacing the phone, I would suggest trying one of the 3rd party launchers like Nova or Apex.

3rd party launchers tend to have fewer instances of refreshing.

-Suntan

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
. 5 sec lag if you use a live wallpaper.... That's it... Home button has a short lag that's intentionally done because it's checking to see if you double tapped home for svoice. Disable svoice and that goes away.... The phone is iphone level solid in performance..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

beavo451

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I wad using the stock launcher . It would do the loading thing five times in a day. I said screw it and I now have a S3.

vedwardsiii

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I too had the one x for about a week and then took it back.
-got hot on multiple occasions.
-notification light smaller than I liked
-notifications were quieter in my opinion
-issues with signal that were not acceptable at my work.

I didn't however have any lag issues. It was snappy and comparible. I havent looked back though. Software updates will most likely solve the issues you are concerned about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site