09-12-2013 06:04 AM
63 123
tools
    It just doesn't make sense that a 3 year old Droid X worked perfectly and a brand new S3 doesn't work at all.
    What's weirder is that it didn't work with my Droid 2, which is in the same family line and release time as the Droid X. I love my XBox, but there's a reason the wife and I eventually decided the PS3 wins as the media playback device. Both are hooked up to our 52" Samsung LCD via HDMI so there's no difference in quality or anything, just the PS3 is much easier to use and more functional as a media playback device from our experiences.

Rev.
    07-27-2012 09:47 AM
    What's weirder is that it didn't work with my Droid 2, which is in the same family line and release time as the Droid X. I love my XBox, but there's a reason the wife and I eventually decided the PS3 wins as the media playback device. Both are hooked up to our 52" Samsung LCD via HDMI so there's no difference in quality or anything, just the PS3 is much easier to use and more functional as a media playback device from our experiences.

Rev.
    You will absolutely regret that. Xbox 360 will rule the gaming console world by 2014. With the Xbox 720 coming out and the Xbox live updates (which went public beta yesterday although signup is closed now) the Xbox will come on top. Ps3 isn't making any improvements. Seems like every other week my Xbox is getting something new.

Internet explorer and the most important... smart glass. With that you won't need your dlna connection any more. Just mirror your phone or tablet to the Xbox. Also use it as a map for the fps your playing. It will be sick.

Back on topic: had anyone tried to use it as a usb on the Xbox and see if it plays anything then?
    07-27-2012 12:32 PM
    You will absolutely regret that. Xbox 360 will rule the gaming console world by 2014.
    LOL, regret what? I still have an XBOX and will always have one. I actually prefer it as a gaming console, but the fact is I've found media viewing to be far more convenient on the PS3. Even the Netflix app was ruined on the XBOX, the new design starts playing a video automatically even when I'm just trying to sort through a season of Star Trek for example, annoying as hell. Also, the PS3's hard drive is very easily upgradeable to a SATA laptop drive I can pickup on Newegg, the XBOX's is in a proprietary casing that would require disassembling.

I put all my 1080p vacation videos and photos on my PS3 hard drive and it's a joy to view the content. But now that's pretty irrelevant as with MediaServer I no longer need to copy movies over to the drive.

Rev.
    07-27-2012 12:37 PM
    I use my xbox 360 as a media center extender, connected to a pc in another room. When the media center app is open on the xbox, a new option shows up in the Gallery on my S3 where I can push the video or pictures to the xbox 360. They play with no interaction with the xbox. I haven't tried outside of the media center interface.
    07-27-2012 01:12 PM
    ......I still have an XBOX and will always have one. I actually prefer it as a gaming console, but the fact is I've found media viewing to be far more convenient on the PS3........
    Same here and agree with you 100%!!

I will ALWAYS prefer to game on an Xbox but for media viewing, the PS3 is the better of the 2. I tried to set up my xbox as my media center and just constantly ran into problems. I tried for a long time but ultimately game up. I'm glad these new smart TVs will allow us to bypass our gaming consoles for media viewing!
    07-27-2012 01:52 PM
    LOL, regret what? I still have an XBOX and will always have one. I actually prefer it as a gaming console, but the fact is I've found media viewing to be far more convenient on the PS3. Even the Netflix app was ruined on the XBOX, the new design starts playing a video automatically even when I'm just trying to sort through a season of Star Trek for example, annoying as hell. Also, the PS3's hard drive is very easily upgradeable to a SATA laptop drive I can pickup on Newegg, the XBOX's is in a proprietary casing that would require disassembling.

I put all my 1080p vacation videos and photos on my PS3 hard drive and it's a joy to view the content. But now that's pretty irrelevant as with MediaServer I no longer need to copy movies over to the drive.

Rev.
    Lol. Just saying it's a better media console. Trust me in 2 years Microsoft might have themselves a come back. Xbox will be total kick ***. Just because of all the Windows integration and compatibility.

Haha. Funny that you mention the Netflix app I was just thinking to my self the Netflix app is way better on the Xbox. Just seems more smooth. And it loads way better than the ps3 which buffers a lot more.

Might have to try that media console trick with the pc, even though it runs terribly show (which is why I love my new iMac).
    07-28-2012 05:39 AM
    Lol. Just saying it's a better media console. Trust me in 2 years Microsoft might have themselves a come back. Xbox will be total kick ***. Just because of all the Windows integration and compatibility.
    I'm looking forward to it for 1080p gaming. I know there are currently a few titles that do 1080p but most are 720p so that will be a nice upgrade. I use Ubuntu Linux, haven't booted to my Windows partition for years now so the Windows integration aspect isn't all that important to me, I'd more hope they make it more universally integratable which they just may with the continuing popularity of Macs.

Rev.
    07-28-2012 11:28 AM
    So I could not get this to work either. This is what worked; with dnla turned on on the phone. I was working through the settings on the xbox and after giving up I changed the hdmi settings on the xbox and the xbox asked to restart. When the xbox restarted I saw that my GS3 ask for permission to connect to my xbox. I granted it permission and it is streaming as I type. So maybe try a simple restart of the xbox with dnla "on" onI the GS3.
    09-07-2012 07:45 PM
    I got it to work with my ps3 last night. Two things I noticed. 1, after selecting song to play there was a roughly 30 second delay before the song would play. 2, the music shows up by individual song and not by album. Does anyone know how to change this?
    09-08-2012 03:05 PM
    As my music stash is on my phone and my pc it seems easier to use Windows media centre or Tversity to stream the music from my pc instead of getting in a tizzy because my phone cant connect.
    09-08-2012 05:41 PM
    PS3mediaServer all the way!
    It's free, simple, and works on the 360 as well

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    09-09-2012 03:12 PM
    This also worked flawlessly with my Bionic and I've tried everything with the SIII.. Still love this phone though
    09-09-2012 03:14 PM
    Imediashare works perfectly on my galaxy SIII. I enabled all the options for nearby devices. On my xbox, I went to system music player.

((xbox guide button, media, system music player, then selected the option that said I media and my device name. It had all my songs AND play list already set.))

I'm literally playing ghost recon, playing music from my phone in my xbox and posting this.
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-11-2012 02:14 PM
    i remember my last phone (sony experia ark s [1.4ghz single core, half-gb ram i think) used to have problems using keyboard on a browser while listening to music lol. the s3s multitasking prowess amazes me

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-11-2012 02:51 PM
    Imediashare works perfectly on my galaxy SIII. I enabled all the options for nearby devices. On my xbox, I went to system music player.

((xbox guide button, media, system music player, then selected the option that said I media and my device name. It had all my songs AND play list already set.))

I'm literally playing ghost recon, playing music from my phone in my xbox and posting this.

Exactly!!
    10-11-2012 03:03 PM
    I'll have to try this later
    10-11-2012 05:25 PM
    I have the answer, you need no adapters.

your xbox has to be wifi and on the same network as your phone, in music player top left click the button, click xbox and voila!
    10-26-2012 02:46 PM
    Anyone else loving the new smart glass xbox app? It's fast and snappy

Download it from the play store

I used to use physical buttons, and then I found button savior
    -S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S3 to Xbox 360 DLNA-uploadfromtaptalk1351301502092.jpg  
    Archienj7 likes this.
    10-26-2012 09:31 PM
    Just throw this out there.....Xbox console settings connected devices...smart glass and play to both on....my s3 connects perfect
    10-27-2012 10:43 PM
    I don't remember my live email for my main account

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    10-28-2012 04:10 AM
    Anyone else loving the new smart glass xbox app? It's fast and snappy

Download it from the play store

-S. T. C
    I am very new to Android - in fact I get my SG3 in a few days - but are you actually controlling your xbox UI with your phone??? That's awesome. Is your xbox a new or old one--or does it even matter???
    10-30-2012 10:10 PM

You're using just iMediashare to control your xbox? What's the difference between that and the Xbox smartglass someone mentioned a few posts down? Also, does that iMediashare app allow you to stream your phone's music to the xbox or were you just controlling music on your xbox or a shared PC to it?
    10-30-2012 10:12 PM
    I am very new to Android - in fact I get my SG3 in a few days - but are you actually controlling your xbox UI with your phone??? That's awesome. Is your xbox a new or old one--or does it even matter???
    Yea, its speed is pretty decent, scrolling across tabs is annoying but using it for netflix works good

I have an old xbox

-S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$
    10-31-2012 01:12 AM
    I use ArkMC for my Xbox, the only thing you have to go to Media Center. From there you can access other servers in your network and play just from there.
    My galaxy tab finds Xbox very fast, had no problems so far.
    11-14-2012 10:44 AM
    look into bubbleupnp on play store

- - - Updated - - -

look into bubbleupnp on play store
    11-15-2012 03:22 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD