Galaxy S3 to Xbox 360 DLNA

r6yr

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
(Copied from General Talk and Help; 1st Post; Didn't see the S3 forum the first time)

Can someone please tell me how to connect my Galaxy S3 to my Xbox 360 thru DLNA. I have been screwing with this freaking thing for over an hour and have made absolutely no progress. I am about to destroy everything I own.

I did this before on my Droid X and it worked great. Now I can not get it to work at all. I turn on my sharing on my S3 and then it asks me if my xbox is allowed. I click yes. Nothing shows up on my xbox. It doesn't recognize it or find it at all. I am honestly losing my mind. Then I search the internet and all I get are these crappy search engine responses that take me to a list of 50 things completely unrelated to what I am looking for.

I am not a technological idiot and the fact that I can not get this setup is making me absolutely irate. Please if someone could walk me thru what I am supposed to do I would appreciate it. (If I do not kill myself first.)

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
You have to have a Samsung TV or AllShare Adapter to natively display your phone wirelessly on your TV. That being said, download an app called iMediaShare and you can easily accomplish thi stask through your XBox. I use it and it works great.

r6yr

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I am not trying to display my phone thru my TV. I am just trying to play the music that is stored on my phone on my Xbox. Just access the music on my phone to play it, not actually use my TV as an extended display. It is sort of like Media Center but just through the phone. I did this with my old Droid X but now I can not get it to work with the S3. It doesn't make sense...

r6yr

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
iMediaShare isn't what I'm looking for. It's for a internet enabled TV. I don't have that. I have a standard TV.

I'm sort of suprised that no one knows exactly what I'm talking about. All I want to do is access the music on my phone thru my Xbox 360 thru DLNA. On my Droid X there was no additional hardware or apps necessary. You turn on the DLNA, allow access from the Xbox 360 and boom, you can access all of your music, photos and videos from your Xbox 360. The Samsung Galaxy S3 for some reason is not working as I believe it should.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok let me try to help you out here if I can.

I don't have an XBOX that is DLNA capable. I have one of the early ones (white version) so I'm going to assume that the latest Xbox's are have DLNA. I do however connect with my PS3 and have it DIRECTLY connected to my router. I connect to my network wirelessly with my phone and turn on DLNA and the Android logo pops up on my PS3 and I have access to my files. Perhaps you should check in your phones settings and see if you may have something blocking the connection and also check your xbox's network settings as well. Hope you get it resolved!

r6yr

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
What's weird is that when I scan from my Xbox for a "computer" a notification pops up on my phone asking if it is ok for my phone to allow sharing to my Xbox. I click yes, and my Xbox shows up on my phone as an allowed sharing device. But it does not display on my Xbox after accepting the sharing. I just don't get it. It was so easy with the Droid X. I will try the Mediaserver app and see what happens. I will update when I try it.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
What's weird is that when I scan from my Xbox for a "computer" a notification pops up on my phone asking if it is ok for my phone to allow sharing to my Xbox. I click yes, and my Xbox shows up on my phone as an allowed sharing device. But it does not display on my Xbox after accepting the sharing. I just don't get it. It was so easy with the Droid X. I will try the Mediaserver app and see what happens. I will update when I try it.

Sounds like your problem may be within your xbox.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
iMediaShare isn't what I'm looking for. It's for a internet enabled TV. I don't have that. I have a standard TV.

I'm sort of suprised that no one knows exactly what I'm talking about. All I want to do is access the music on my phone thru my Xbox 360 thru DLNA. On my Droid X there was no additional hardware or apps necessary. You turn on the DLNA, allow access from the Xbox 360 and boom, you can access all of your music, photos and videos from your Xbox 360. The Samsung Galaxy S3 for some reason is not working as I believe it should.

iMediashare is exactly what you are looking for. I dont have an internet TV either. You launch it on your phone and then go to video players on your XBox where you will see iMediashare an a media server option. From there you have the option to play the videos on your phone through the xBox. For music, you just go to Music Players and follow the same directions.

r6yr

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I'll try it out. I tried mediaserver and it didn't work either. I give up at this point. I guess I'm just going to use Media Center through my computer... Even though you can't play the music and do anything like I could when my Droid X worked... So freaking angering...

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I'll try it out. I tried mediaserver and it didn't work either. I give up at this point.

Sounds like it might be some sort of permissions setting or something because I also use the Media Server app from the play store and it works fine with my PS3, haven't tried it yet on my XBOX though.

Rev.

r6yr

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like it might be some sort of permissions setting or something because I also use the Media Server app from the play store and it works fine with my PS3, haven't tried it yet on my XBOX though.

Rev.

That's the thing, there are literally no settings on the phone or on the Xbox. On my phone, you turn on DLNA and that's it. On the Xbox, it should auto recognize it and it doesn't. Like I said before, on my phone it asks if it should allow the Xbox. I say yes and then nothing happens.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. Did that. Not working. Asks to allow my Xbox. Click Yes. Nothing happens.

I'll check this tonight on my XBox if you can hold out. I'm an IT Tech for a living so I'll try to see what might be going on, but of course without being in your shoes at your place it might be hard to solve. But, I will check it out tonight and report back. Maybe I can help somehow.

Just to verify ahead of time, and I know some of these questions might seem stupid because you already mentioned your phone gets the allow prompt but here goes anyway:

1. Is your home wireless network setup for static IP or DHCP?
2. How is your xbox connected to your wireless router, by cable or xbox wifi adapter?

Rev.

r6yr

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I'll check this tonight on my XBox if you can hold out. I'm an IT Tech for a living so I'll try to see what might be going on, but of course without being in your shoes at your place it might be hard to solve. But, I will check it out tonight and report back. Maybe I can help somehow.

Just to verify ahead of time, and I know some of these questions might seem stupid because you already mentioned your phone gets the allow prompt but here goes anyway:

1. Is your home wireless network setup for static IP or DHCP?
2. How is your xbox connected to your wireless router, by cable or xbox wifi adapter?

Rev.

First, regarding my Xbox, it definitely IS compatible with DLNA, as it worked perfectly with my Droid X. And responses to your questions:

1.) I have heard of both of these things but I do not know what they are, so I'm not sure which I have setup. I can tell you that there is nothing special about my network. I use a $40 Best Buy wireless router and run everything off that. Basic Cable internet connection. If there is a way to easily look to tell which of these I have, you can tell me and I can get back to you. I'm not technologically dumb but I just don't know what either of those things are that you are asking about, lol.

2.) My Xbox is setup to run either, wired or wireless. I am currently using wired. If I move my Xbox to another room or something, I'll use wireless.

I appreciate the help. Just the whole kicker to this thing that drives me crazy is that this worked perfectly with my original Droid X and now not with my brand new phone. If I can give you any other information that might help let me know.