08-01-2012 02:52 PM
33 12
tools
    I found this suggestion on xda forum about getting email notifications quiet. I want notifications during the day but not at night and the programs I've seen can't let calls through and silence notifications.

Can Tasker or Llama be programmed to do this (I haven't used either one) at night and then reverse during the day?

Settings
    Accounts and Sync
    Tap on the account (mine is gmail)
    Settings
    Tap on (for me) Gmail
    Notification Settings -> Select Ringtone
    Silent
    07-29-2012 07:27 PM
    Tasker would do everything that you are looking for and then some. It is a little on the pricy side and there is a bit of learning curve, but it automates everything that you are talking about. If you go the Tasker route and need help setting up a profile let me know.
    $6 is not a lot for everything that Tasker is capable of.

I use Tasker and have it configured for such a task. Every day at 10pm everything is silenced and then at 6am all the sounds get turned back on. You can go one step forward and set the same profile to ring only for select contacts so if there is an emergency you still get the call.
    07-29-2012 10:01 PM
    Can Tasker or Llama be programmed to do this (I haven't used either one) at night and then reverse during the day?
    Tasker should be able to do this. It can actually be set up to only allow calls from certain contacts through.

Auto Sleep Mode (with exceptions) - Tasker Wiki

With the following workaround required for ICS:

Auto sleep mode and exceptions - Grokbase
    07-29-2012 11:56 PM
    You guys should try this app called Profile - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...C5wcm9maWxlIl0.

I have been using it for over a year now and works great and you can separate out ringer/SMS sounds from notifications sounds. So at night i have it shut off notifications sounds but I still would get phone calls and text messages. Plus it has a time schedule and you can set up profiles for like during day, weekends or whatever and what you want the app to do like turn off sounds, turn on/off wifi, turn on/off bluetooth etc.. I would highly recommend this app!!!!
    07-30-2012 11:59 AM
    I just use quick profiles, set one to normal. One to bedside mode which is phone calls only. I honestly would hate to be awaken by a text message, especially a drunk text or pocket text. If it's important enough they'll call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    07-31-2012 03:06 AM
    I've been on a similar hunt except I want to stop all notifications but still leave the ringer on. This is a big problem with ICS but the S3 does support split volume levels. Many programs (like Llama) detect ICS and still don't work however.

I want my schedules to be more than time based so Timeriffic wouldn't work for me (I have the profile changed based on the time and if the phone is plugged in or not). I've been testing "My Profiles" and so far it's working perfectly.
    07-31-2012 02:33 PM
    Timeriffic seems to have solved my problems. None of the other programs I tried did. I don't know why Bedside keeps notifying me when emails arrive even though I have it set not to.
    Tinkix likes this.
    07-31-2012 10:18 PM
    used to drive me crazy when my husband's Thunderbolt would notify emails at 3:00am. I'm a light sleeper so I wake up everytime some website emails me junk mail. I make him turn his phone off now
    08-01-2012 02:52 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD