App recommendation to silence emails at night?

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Any suggestions for an app to allow me to schedule silencing audible notifications on a selective basis?

I'd like to hear calls and SMS at night but not emails or other sounds.

MARQUISMARC

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I use timmerific but it treats both ringer and notification volumes as one now, either Ics or the gs3 does not support having the ringer and notification volumes separate. I was able to separate them on my og dinc. Maybe tasker?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Silent Time is what I use, but it cannot separate out e-mails vs SMS. But what's nice is that it does have "exceptions" as an option so that calls/e-mails,/SMS from those exceptions in your contacts will go through during the silent time.

Anon_Emus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I use timmerific but it treats both ringer and notification volumes as one now, either Ics or the gs3 does not support having the ringer and notification volumes separate. I was able to separate them on my og dinc. Maybe tasker?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Timeriffic has an "experimental" section in settings with a checkbox to resolve this issue... it works great for me.

Reactions: MARQUISMARC

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I took a look at Silent Time but exceptions have to be added individually and I'd have like 150 exceptions that I'd want calls from 24/7.

I really just don't want to be woken up when 3am junk email comes thru. But I'm a physician and I need my phone calls and texts to get thru any time of night.

I may just have to schedule data to be disabled at night; that would let calls and SMS through but not emails.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Bedside worked great on my DInc, but it has not been working right on my GS3. I need to be able to get calls in the night, but I don't want email/sms notifications. Yet, I keep getting woken up by email notifications. I hope this gets fixed soon.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I took a look at Silent Time but exceptions have to be added individually and I'd have like 150 exceptions that I'd want calls from 24/7.

I really just don't want to be woken up when 3am junk email comes thru. But I'm a physician and I need my phone calls and texts to get thru any time of night.

I may just have to schedule data to be disabled at night; that would let calls and SMS through but not emails.

Works for me: allow calls/sms option with whitelist -option- for both.

Personally I don't want emails EVER waking me up. I wish I could whitelist calls but if someone is calling from a payphone or emergency room or something...and SMS I only let my girlfriend wake me with those!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Works for me: allow calls/sms option with whitelist -option- for both.

Personally I don't want emails EVER waking me up. I wish I could whitelist calls but if someone is calling from a payphone or emergency room or something...and SMS I only let my girlfriend wake me with those!

[URL=http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5027/20120726223251.png]Click to view quoted image
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Thanks. I downloaded Bedside and we'll see how it goes. The only downside I see is having to remember to manually start it, but at least I can set it to auto-deactivate when removed from power (I don't want it to auto-start when I plug it in since I sometimes top off the battery at work or in the car).

Looks like I can keep calls and SMS but mute everything else. That's enough to make me happy.

Anon_Emus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I downloaded Bedside and we'll see hw it goes. The only downside I see is having to remember to manually start it, but at least I can set it to auto-deactivate when removed from power (I don't want it to auto-start when I plug it in since I sometimes top off the battery at work or in the car).

Looks like I can keep calls and SMS but mute everything else. That's enough to make me happy.

It's been said here a couple of time but I'll say it once more Timeriffic works for this and self starts based on times of day and you can set all kinds of schedules just like an alarm, best of all it is free...

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
It's been said here a couple of time but I'll say it once more Timeriffic works for this and self starts based on times of day and you can set all kinds of schedules just like an alarm, best of all it is free...
Except Timeriffic can't separate SMS from other notifications. I need SMS sounds to come thru.

Sprout004

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Tasker would do everything that you are looking for and then some. It is a little on the pricy side and there is a bit of learning curve, but it automates everything that you are talking about. If you go the Tasker route and need help setting up a profile let me know.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I downloaded Bedside and we'll see how it goes. The only downside I see is having to remember to manually start it, but at least I can set it to auto-deactivate when removed from power (I don't want it to auto-start when I plug it in since I sometimes top off the battery at work or in the car).

I keep the bedside widget on my homescreen. Every night before bed I plug in the phone and hit the widget. Good to go.

I also prefer the widget as I don't use the clock/screensaver of Bedside for now...don't have a dock. My old BB 9800 with the dock is my night clock and backup alarm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke