I've got my S3 setup to automatically enter the clock/desk dock mode upon charging and noticed a strange bug this morning. The icon's at the bottom, when you scroll left or right, do not redraw themselves properly as you can see in the screenshot. It's only happening in landscape mode, which is the view I want, and I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced the same?

TIA

07-27-2012 10:49 AM
    Solved - I went into the application manager and cleared the cache/data for the clock app. I had to set new app shortcuts and alarms, but no more lag..

Mods - please delete this thread. THANKS!!
    07-27-2012 11:53 AM
    How did you set that up?
    08-08-2012 11:27 AM
    I just went into the clock application, select desk clock, and then click the little expand type button. You can edit the shortcuts that show up by going into menu --> edit.

As a side note - I use an application called Plug In Launcher to automatically launch the desk clock mode whenever a charge is detected. Works perfect for me as I have 6 touchstones throughout my place, car, office and is my only and preferred method of charging. Anyone else wanting to do the same - I'd recommend an app called Caffeine which keeps the screen awake whenever charge is detected and goes back to normal when removed.
    eddieras likes this.
    08-08-2012 12:23 PM
    I just went into the clock application, select desk clock, and then click the little expand type button. You can edit the shortcuts that show up by going into menu --> edit.

As a side note - I use an application called Plug In Launcher to automatically launch the desk clock mode whenever a charge is detected. Works perfect for me as I have 6 touchstones throughout my place, car, office and is my only and preferred method of charging. Anyone else wanting to do the same - I'd recommend an app called Caffeine which keeps the screen awake whenever charge is detected and goes back to normal when removed.
    I have the same set up as yours. But I don't use the caffein app. My screen is awake when I have the clock maximized during charging on the touchstone. Can you explain why you still use it? Thanks
    08-09-2012 03:30 PM
    Because it only stays awake in the clock screen. If you click any of the icons and have that app open, the screen timeout goes back into affect.

I like to have the screen on no matter what I'm doing (music player, gtalk, phone app, browser, etc) as long as a charge is present.
    08-10-2012 01:32 PM
    Because it only stays awake in the clock screen. If you click any of the icons and have that app open, the screen timeout goes back into affect.

I like to have the screen on no matter what I'm doing (music player, gtalk, phone app, browser, etc) as long as a charge is present.
    Gocha! Thanks. I used to use "dock" app, but it's like webOS exhibition so it had twitter and Facebook feeds. I like it but I mainly use the clock when charging.
    The clock of the dock app does not move/float around like the built in dock. I'm just saying scared of getting screen burn. That's why I stopped using it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
    08-10-2012 02:02 PM
    Is there a reason I'm not seeing the "dock" app in the list of apps under Plug In Launcher?
    09-12-2012 04:11 PM
    Is there a reason I'm not seeing the "dock" app in the list of apps under Plug In Launcher?
    i just set this up - you have to select "Clock" -- works great - thanks k007!
    09-13-2012 06:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD