Hi All,

I have recently debranded my Orange UK GS3 in the hope of getting the latest software updates that have been released, however i'm getting "no software updates are available" and I'm no longer able to connect to Kies.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if this was normal after flashing your phone.

My build number is now XXLF2.

Thanks in advance!
    07-29-2012 03:32 AM
    what happens when u try n connect to kies m8? mines sim free but when i check for OTA it tells me to try later and the new update isnt installing for me via kies. id have thought u wud still get samsung updates with ur phone rooted+rom'd..
    Holder123 likes this.
    07-29-2012 06:23 AM
    Hey,

It does connect to Kies - however it says "Your device does not support upgrading via kies".

Really not sure what to do as the reason i did this was to get the updates orange were not sending out!
    07-29-2012 06:37 AM
    right. didnt u get the XXLFB update when u were orange branded (does ur notification bar have the brightness slider) as far as i know everyone got that update over kies. did u back up the orange rom?
    Holder123 likes this.
    07-29-2012 06:59 AM
    Unfortunately not...orange are really bad at handing out updates and also they removed the update option from the phone itself!

Yeah i backed up the phone so I may just go back to that if this doesn't give me any benefit..
    07-29-2012 07:02 AM
    orange r terrible man! have u tried askin on xda or modaco? mention what rom ur usin etc. id try usin kies with the orange rom on though.. dont see how orange can block that. good luck m8
    Holder123 likes this.
    07-29-2012 07:07 AM
    Yeah they really are pretty bad! I'll go look on XDA - fingers crossed!

Thanks for your help!
    07-29-2012 07:24 AM
    no probs m8. i read somewhere else that u should put a stock unbranded rom on the s3 to get updates + not a custom rom if that helps
    07-29-2012 07:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD