08-01-2012 03:52 PM
89 ... 234
tools
    Hey I have no issue with people who buy the iPhone because it is the phone for them. That is a minority though and that is why I use the isheep statement. If you say I bought it because the build quality was great, I lime the smaller screen or anything but its an iphone, my hat is off to you and good luck with it.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums
    Glad you were able to talk to a majority of Iphone owners to ask them why they bought it.

God... Did you see what you just made me do? Defending apple? In feel so dirty.

But seriously who cares? It's a phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    jj2339 likes this.
    07-31-2012 09:13 PM
    its prety sexy. love the holes at the bottom. the ifans wont be disapointed with the looks
    Yeah that really stood out for me too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    07-31-2012 09:18 PM
    I'm willing to make a friendly wager that the Iphone 5 sells more than our S3.

Sure, we on the AC boards aren't overly impressed, but we are a small subset of people, dedicated to a competitive platform. Of course we're biased.

Also, I agree, calling people iSheep or any other name is childish. Every person that buys an Iphone isn't doing so because of the herd...

Maybe they looked at the features and decided it was best suited for them, much like those who did the same for android.

Maybe they looked at the app selection and decided that apps are better, or have a bigger selection.

Maybe they bought an original Iphone and have a lot invested in iOS with apps, accessories and otherwise, and don't really want to switch to something new.

Fact is, for a lot of people this is going to be a great phone. For a lot of other people, it's not. iOS and android each have their pluses and minuses. I can think of a few things my wife's 4s does consistently better than my S3, and I can also think of many things my phone blows hers away.

In the grand scheme, who cares. Competition breeds innovation for us. I hope iOS6 does well, because that means android 4.2 or 5 or 6 is going to be even better and feature rich.

Arguing over people's preferences though, it's just silly to me.

I know.. Too long, didn't read.

Finally. An intelligent post on the competition. Thank you sir. I get so tired of people labeling iPhone users "isheep". It shows a distinct lack of intelligence.

It's just a phone. To each his or her own.
    jj2339 likes this.
    07-31-2012 09:31 PM
    Finally. An intelligent post on the competition. Thank you sir. I get so tired of people labeling iPhone users "isheep". It shows a distinct lack of intelligence.

It's just a phone. To each his or her own.
    exactly. I don't understand why people take it to such measures

Sent from Le Cyan de Lumia via Board Espresso
    07-31-2012 09:40 PM
    In the grand scheme, who cares. Competition breeds innovation for us. I hope iOS6 does well, because that means android 4.2 or 5 or 6 is going to be even better and feature rich.

Arguing over people's preferences though, it's just silly to me.

I know.. Too long, didn't read.

Android 4.2 or 5 or 6 wont be breeding off Apples "innovation" in iOS6. Everything in iOS6 we've had since gingerbread

Kidding. I understand completely what you are saying. I love competition. I always wonder how much different it would be if google only had there nexus phones. No other android phones or tablets were made other than by google themselves. Same thing with Apple what if iOS was licensed to the companies that make androids. And everything was reversed would Apple still be the company they are today. I honestly believe that the exclusivity of the iPhone is what makes people want it more. It gives it more of a luxurious look. One of a kind.
    07-31-2012 09:48 PM
    I'm just sick of all the court stuff, cheesy patents, and one company saying another copied the other. Look at TVs... They all look closely the same, when a person buys one, they buy based on specs, company loyalty, and software features. Who cares if one looks like the other. One company isnt sueing others in the TV market!

Apple's opening court statement...
    "It's easier to copy than Innovate"

Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3
    Roboticz likes this.
    07-31-2012 10:02 PM
    I wish I could buy an Iphone...that way I can smash it on a rock and watch it shatter.
    08-01-2012 12:07 AM
    I know its been said before, but BORING. Nothing new, look we added bigger screen and metal back, fing revolutionary. We reinvented the phone again. NOT. Same old same old nothing to write home about.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    08-01-2012 12:24 AM
    I am one of the many that switched from iphone to Samsung. This will mark the 3rd iteration of the same design, granted this one is stretched a whole .49 of an inch, but otherwise remains unchanged. The iPad 2 to 3, unchanged. MacBook Air, essentially unchanged physically for going on 5 years.

As for iOS, while 'revolutionary' features have been added, even if they did come from Android and RIM, the look of iOS hasn't changed in going on year 6.

This is what I would call a lack of innovation. And with Samsung's success, the only way for Apple to try and derail that train is through litigation. IMO, Apple has already been surpassed by Samsung (in the mobile phone arena). This new iPhone just confirms it. Apple's got nothing left.
    Of course they don't. Apples creativity and drive died with Jobs. Apple almost bankrupted after Jobs was pushed out. He came back and saved it. Now that he is truly gone, apple is possibly in major trouble.

08-01-2012 01:11 AM
    I'm just sick of all the court stuff, cheesy patents, and one company saying another copied the other. Look at TVs... They all look closely the same, when a person buys one, they buy based on specs, company loyalty, and software features. Who cares if one looks like the other. One company isnt sueing others in the TV market!

Apple's opening court statement...
    "It's easier to copy than Innovate"

Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3
    I went over to iMore (yes, I feel dirty after doing so) and saw a member there make the same comment. The first person to reply to taht comment was someone saying he was a troll for talking bad about Apple......lol
    08-01-2012 09:00 AM
    apple wouldnt dare to make tv sets lol. it would have to be hexagon shaped or sony and samsung would pounce on them
    08-01-2012 09:23 AM
    Of course they don't. Apples creativity and drive died with Jobs. Apple almost bankrupted after Jobs was pushed out. He came back and saved it. Now that he is truly gone, apple is possibly in major trouble.

Yes, Apple is in trouble and going to plummet. They didn't turn a huge profit last quarter or anything.

As I've said before everyone copies each other, it happens. Features in Android have been around before they made it into Android, same for iOS and Windows Phone. It's not just in phones but it's everywhere. Unfortunately what we're seeing is not illegal in anyway since it's with the boundaries of the law to file suit against someone for violating a patent. This wont stop until the patent system gets a change.
    08-01-2012 01:43 PM
    looks like a taller iPhone 4. Whatever happened to "think differently"? Whether you love them or hate them, Apple has been pretty innovative, so even though I'm not thinking of getting the new iPhone, still a bit disappointed.
    08-01-2012 02:25 PM
    Yes, Apple is in trouble and going to plummet. They didn't turn a huge profit last quarter or anything.

As I've said before everyone copies each other, it happens. Features in Android have been around before they made it into Android, same for iOS and Windows Phone. It's not just in phones but it's everywhere. Unfortunately what we're seeing is not illegal in anyway since it's with the boundaries of the law to file suit against someone for violating a patent. This wont stop until the patent system gets a change.
    I am not saying apple will go out of business tomorrow. I am saying apple will possibly encounter major problems. The rumor is Jobs left them with 5 years of ideas. How long will they milk these before the become stagnant, like this new iphone. I am truly hoping what has been leaked is a decoy, otherwise it's old and boring nothing new. Major reason why samsung is wiping the floor with them in the smartphone department. And what do they do, rather. Then reinnovate they are suing left and right for things that are boarder line theirs to begin with. If that's not desperation i don't know what is. All they doing is alienating and pissing off possible future consumers that don't fall in the dreaded word category, I am going to say it isheep.

08-01-2012 03:52 PM
89 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD