Images of the "Competition" (iPhone5)

Jon_Cox

May 26, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone, no matter what anyone says, will always be a well-made, fluid device. I came from the iPhone 4S to "my precious", my GS3. I believe the new one will have features that we haven't seen yet that will be limited to the iPhone 5. I like the look, even if I think it's a little tired now. Hell, all cell phones are essentially evolving looks over the years but I'll give Apple some credit for creating what, at the time, was different. But now I think it's a little long in the tooth, definitely evolutionary not revolutionary. A month ago I would have called it a bluff, but since it's been assembled with parts available, I'm not so sure- I think it's the next iPhone. It'll be interesting to see what kind of engine is under the hood. I'd consider buying it if the display were truly larger, not just lengthened. I am now forever a fan of larger displays and I think from what I have seen of Jelly Bean, it looks like Google has finally found its fluidity.

The best thing about people switching from iPhones to other devices is the fact that it forces Apple to consider why people are leaving and why Samsung had some truly phenomenal sales figures. Two guesses really- fewer people want to buy a 4S given the closeness of a pending iPhone release and are willing to try something different, or folks think that iOS has grown a little long in the tooth and are wanting some features that are available on Android. Or, once the new iPhone drops a huge amount of people are going to upgrade. I think that's a given but I would be surprised to see the sales figures eclipse that of the S3.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah i think youre right man. im sure ios will keep 30-40% of the US market but i think a lot of ios users have out-grown the whole iphone cult. although i went from java to symbian to android and have never bought into the whole apple thing, im excited about the new iphone coz im a geek lol. i think its gona have quad-core just coz thats the trend and it will prob have a higher MP camera even if it doesnt make the pictures any better. cant think of what new gimmicks it will have but im sure they have something up their sleeves. wonder what the battery life will be like..

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Looks like a 4s with ventilation. I have not been impressed with the new iOS features all the iDiots are drooling over. But it will remain to be seen if there are new revolutionary features on the device. I will give them the fact that they usually have some cool features on thei new devices. I doubt anything will really make me want to drop my S3 for the new iPhone however.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I still hold no interest in ever switching to an iPhone...But Apple does make a nice looking product that just works for 90% of the brainless people out there! I will stick with my S3 and/or another Android device!

Unless Palms makes some huge come back then I will stick with Android. (But I am not counting on it! :p)

Cheers...

Reactions: emanuelm123

Predator04

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ill admit im not a apple fan at all. and this shows one of many reasons im not. Nothing ever changes. and no i dont belive in if its not broken dont fix it. it needs change and it needs more options. the iphone you dont have a choice. you get what they give you. Yes at first iphones were "sexy" ill admit that but at the same time it never made me want one. but come on apple really? another iphone just a longer screen? i just dont see why so many love it. i have used it as my gf has one and is totally jelly of my s3. If you are the type that love being told to do then apple is right for you!

Predator04

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Why are we looking at the new iPhone in the SGS3 forum?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Well just becuase its a android phone doesnt mean i dont want to see compition either. Hell the more apple competes the better android can get. and i want to see what apple brings so i can be ready with this information. as i expected its the same as the first iphone. who would have thought?

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

I posted it here because I know many SGS3 users would be interested in what the "other phone" looks like.

I know there are sub-forums for various things... but the reality is... most SGS3 owners here won't goto an iPhone sub-forum.

seabass

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
It looks pretty solid. It's becoming pretty generic looking, but that's what makes it an Iphone so if it ain't broke don't fix it. I'd consider purchasing it if had all the features that I personally used. There is no denying that Android phones can do much, much more than their Iphone counterparts, but honestly a lot of those features I don't even use that much. Turn by turn navigation is something that would keep me from switching. I enjoy the simplicity of the Iphone lifestyle, but I find Apple fans to be some of the most annoyingly biased people on earth. I definitely want to try one out, but don't see any real reason why I would switch.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

cant speak for everyone else but im a phone geek. interested in mobile technoligy + the iphone unveiling will be nearly as exciting as google i.o. im not the type to just switch between operating systems coz of a pretty phone though. when iphone came out i had a symbian s60 that blew it out of the water in every way but when android came about, i was smitten with the open-sourceness of it :) still interested in what apple will do next though. if those pics are the real iphone, i think its changed just enough. the edges around it are really nice. the home button looks capacitive though? surely that would waste a lot of power in standby "waiting" to be touched?

Mac.World

ΣΛΤ ΜΣ
May 3, 2012
Visit site
I am one of the many that switched from iphone to Samsung. This will mark the 3rd iteration of the same design, granted this one is stretched a whole .49 of an inch, but otherwise remains unchanged. The iPad 2 to 3, unchanged. MacBook Air, essentially unchanged physically for going on 5 years.

As for iOS, while 'revolutionary' features have been added, even if they did come from Android and RIM, the look of iOS hasn't changed in going on year 6.

This is what I would call a lack of innovation. And with Samsung's success, the only way for Apple to try and derail that train is through litigation. IMO, Apple has already been surpassed by Samsung (in the mobile phone arena). This new iPhone just confirms it. Apple's got nothing left.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1