Images of the "Competition" (iPhone5)

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I know this isn't the final product but it looks sexy the color just sucks. I imagine that the smaller dock for chargers will make a lot of people mad. Means they can't use there old one. Now in-house someone will come out with a converter thing that allows them to use the old one but for now the smaller charger is a turn off.

I also hope it doesn't come out any time soon. I like having the case market to ourselves. This phone has probably the closest any android has gotten to Apple in terms of cases. Hope they keep it up

snookiesnoo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Don't assume this is really the iPhone 5. Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. Not all of the iOS 6 features have been shown yet as some are specific to the new hardware.
This will be a very well made phone with a great screen, battery life, app selection, lower power LTE chip, service and support and will sell like gangbusters. So get over it and be happy with what you have.

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It's not about envy... it's about being aware of what's out there in the world. What if they come up with something interesting? Then we could look to add that feature to our phones.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
It's not about envy... it's about being aware of what's out there in the world. What if they come up with something interesting? Then we could look to add that feature to our phones.

to me its the opposite.. if apple come up with something amazing, our phones will NEVER get it lol. im wondering if theyl put 4g in their UK phones (completely different frequency from the US and hasnt even been rolled out yet)
do apple usualy make different versions of iphone for different countries?

eagle63

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Don't assume this is really the iPhone 5. Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. Not all of the iOS 6 features have been shown yet as some are specific to the new hardware.
This will be a very well made phone with a great screen, battery life, app selection, lower power LTE chip, service and support and will sell like gangbusters. So get over it and be happy with what you have.

+1

I agree with you on both counts. Remember last year how we were getting an "iphone 5" with a bigger screen? It was all but a lock if you read any of the tech blogs, and it turned out they were dead wrong.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hu it does look pretty cool. Remindes me of a F22 raptor that was painted black /grey and turned into a phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

*citation needed "lower power LTE chip"

That phone gets a rezounding "MEH, seen it before"

I think that the connector is what is going to make this one be a bust. You have used the same one for years, 10,000,000,000,000 accessories are out there for it. Why muck it up?

I know iSheep are sheep but even they have to pull back when they see that not only do they have to get the new phone, but they have to rebuy all the accessories they have for it. I can see half of them going...ummm..no. I will stick with what I have...

yeah I know there will be a $50 dollar adapter made but still that might be too much for them.

I will leave you this though in case I am wrong: [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FL7yD-0pqZg[/YT]

eagle63

May 7, 2010
Visit site
*citation needed "lower power LTE chip"

That phone gets a rezounding "MEH, seen it before"

I think that the connector is what is going to make this one be a bust. You have used the same one for years, 10,000,000,000,000 accessories are out there for it. Why muck it up?

Good god the iSheep insult is so old and idiotic. Why muck it up? Because its a gigantic connector that's holding them back from a design standpoint. The thing is like a boat anchor. Yes its painful to make a change like that, but it has to be done and people will get over it. No chance it will slow down sales either.

I can't provide any proof of a lower power LTE chipset, but that was the reason Apple gave for the iPhone 4s not having LTE. (first gen LTE radios drew too much power)

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Good god the iSheep insult is so old and idiotic. Why muck it up? Because its a gigantic connector that's holding them back from a design standpoint. The thing is like a boat anchor. Yes its painful to make a change like that, but it has to be done and people will get over it. No chance it will slow down sales either.

I can't provide any proof of a lower power LTE chipset, but that was the reason Apple gave for the iPhone 4s not having LTE. (first gen LTE radios drew too much power)

Not an insult at all, but a statement of fact. Many people/teens want the iPhone because it is the iPhone. Not for what the iPhone can do, not for what Android cannot do, it is because their friends/mother/uncle/whatever has it and they just have to have it as well. Watch the video. Yeah it is a joke to a big extent, but it is also very real.

Example, my 18 year old wanted one. I asked why, she said because it is cooler and it is an iPhone. I made her make a list of what she needed the phone for. After she did, I showed her that I could do the same on my Charge (and she was sporting a TB at the time). Didn't matter, it was an iPhone.

Pretty much had the same conversation with my mother in law, minus the homework...

EDIT: if there was a lower power LTE chip, don't you think the SGSIII would have it? They both use Qualcomm...

Reactions: Kimberly Boals

10-8-enroute

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Before I moved to my current profession, I was in sales. Our company gave us all iPhones back when the first generation was out...2007 I think...

Anyway I was a Blackberry user and loved how much smoother the email worked and too me, just my own opinion and not to flame anybody, I felt like the iPhone was more of a toy or a dumb-smart phone if that makes sense. So I tossed it in my glovebox and never used it.

It is funny how times have changed. Blackberry was the king of the hill back then. Then their design and development got stagnant. They released one Curve after another, and their products and the minor improvements to their OS weren't enough to keep people interested.

I see some direct correlations here with the new iPhone and OS 6....Minor but not significant changes to their hardware and the same with their OS....Maybe somebody in Cupertino, CA should get in touch with somebody in Waterloo, Canada and ask the guys at Blackberry what went wrong...I'm in no way suggesting this is the beginning of the end for Apple, but then again back in 20007, who would have thought Blackberry would be in the ICU on a ventilator.... Just saying...

Have a great one...I am out...!

Reactions: Syrous44

zjaksn10

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Why are we looking at the new iPhone in the SGS3 forum?

Because off all the iphone 4 customers who upgraded to the S3 that still aren't confident they made a good choice. Just wait till we see a legit iPhone 5 turned on then all doubts will disappear.

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Hu it does look pretty cool. Remindes me of a F22 raptor that was painted black /grey and turned into a phone.

Except F22's are cool and truly cutting edge. Also I am envious of people who get to use the Raptors. None of that applies to the iphone imo.

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Can we stop using iSheep and other insults? It really doesn't help make your opinion or argument any stronger.

The design hasn't changed much but then again not a lot of Android phones have either. There are subtle design differences in these supposed next iPhone photos but you can say the same for the Galaxy S line, Moto Droid/Sholes line, Incredible line, etc. Yes some of the Android phones have big differences but for the most part the overall design is pretty similar.

The specs probably wont beat out some of the higher end phones but then again that is never Apple's approach to hardware. Their approach is longevity and I'm sure this phone will be around just aslong as the iPhone 3GS is/was. Camera will probably be bumped up and sport a lens closer to the OneX and the screen should hopefully be better.

Bottom line: This phone will sell just like any other iPhone will. Why? Because Apple has made the iPhone synonymous with smartphones and it's not because of people being sheep it's because of marketing. It's the same reason Apple dominated the mp3 market and made everything else an afterthought. Most importantly people find comfort in picking up the iPhone and being able to just use it without much thought. I know for some of you that, in your mind, makes the phone inferior but it's true.

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Can we stop using iSheep and other insults? It really doesn't help make your opinion or argument any stronger.

iSheep is pretty valid statement since many users just "follow the herd". They are just buying these things becaues other people are buying them.

The design hasn't changed much but then again not a lot of Android phones have either. There are subtle design differences in these supposed next iPhone photos but you can say the same for the Galaxy S line, Moto Droid/Sholes line, Incredible line, etc. Yes some of the Android phones have big differences but for the most part the overall design is pretty similar.

Oh really? Take a look at this...
iosandroidtimelinebigbig.jpg

Reactions: davetv77

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae