Images of the "Competition" (iPhone5)

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm just sick of all the court stuff, cheesy patents, and one company saying another copied the other. Look at TVs... They all look closely the same, when a person buys one, they buy based on specs, company loyalty, and software features. Who cares if one looks like the other. One company isnt sueing others in the TV market!

Apple's opening court statement...
"It's easier to copy than Innovate"

Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3

Syrous44

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I know its been said before, but BORING. Nothing new, look we added bigger screen and metal back, fing revolutionary. We reinvented the phone again. NOT. Same old same old nothing to write home about.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Syrous44

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I am one of the many that switched from iphone to Samsung. This will mark the 3rd iteration of the same design, granted this one is stretched a whole .49 of an inch, but otherwise remains unchanged. The iPad 2 to 3, unchanged. MacBook Air, essentially unchanged physically for going on 5 years.

As for iOS, while 'revolutionary' features have been added, even if they did come from Android and RIM, the look of iOS hasn't changed in going on year 6.

This is what I would call a lack of innovation. And with Samsung's success, the only way for Apple to try and derail that train is through litigation. IMO, Apple has already been surpassed by Samsung (in the mobile phone arena). This new iPhone just confirms it. Apple's got nothing left.

Of course they don't. Apples creativity and drive died with Jobs. Apple almost bankrupted after Jobs was pushed out. He came back and saved it. Now that he is truly gone, apple is possibly in major trouble.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm just sick of all the court stuff, cheesy patents, and one company saying another copied the other. Look at TVs... They all look closely the same, when a person buys one, they buy based on specs, company loyalty, and software features. Who cares if one looks like the other. One company isnt sueing others in the TV market!

Apple's opening court statement...
"It's easier to copy than Innovate"

Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3

I went over to iMore (yes, I feel dirty after doing so) and saw a member there make the same comment. The first person to reply to taht comment was someone saying he was a troll for talking bad about Apple......lol

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Of course they don't. Apples creativity and drive died with Jobs. Apple almost bankrupted after Jobs was pushed out. He came back and saved it. Now that he is truly gone, apple is possibly in major trouble.

Yes, Apple is in trouble and going to plummet. They didn't turn a huge profit last quarter or anything.

As I've said before everyone copies each other, it happens. Features in Android have been around before they made it into Android, same for iOS and Windows Phone. It's not just in phones but it's everywhere. Unfortunately what we're seeing is not illegal in anyway since it's with the boundaries of the law to file suit against someone for violating a patent. This wont stop until the patent system gets a change.

glassygurl

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
looks like a taller iPhone 4. Whatever happened to "think differently"? Whether you love them or hate them, Apple has been pretty innovative, so even though I'm not thinking of getting the new iPhone, still a bit disappointed.

Syrous44

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, Apple is in trouble and going to plummet. They didn't turn a huge profit last quarter or anything.

As I've said before everyone copies each other, it happens. Features in Android have been around before they made it into Android, same for iOS and Windows Phone. It's not just in phones but it's everywhere. Unfortunately what we're seeing is not illegal in anyway since it's with the boundaries of the law to file suit against someone for violating a patent. This wont stop until the patent system gets a change.

I am not saying apple will go out of business tomorrow. I am saying apple will possibly encounter major problems. The rumor is Jobs left them with 5 years of ideas. How long will they milk these before the become stagnant, like this new iphone. I am truly hoping what has been leaked is a decoy, otherwise it's old and boring nothing new. Major reason why samsung is wiping the floor with them in the smartphone department. And what do they do, rather. Then reinnovate they are suing left and right for things that are boarder line theirs to begin with. If that's not desperation i don't know what is. All they doing is alienating and pissing off possible future consumers that don't fall in the dreaded word category, I am going to say it isheep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21