Is this decent battery usage?

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm feeling a little ansy about the battery life on this phone. Attached are some screen shots I just took of my battery usage. Does this seem consistent with what other folks are experiencing? I'm particularly curious to hear from all the folks who are really pleased with their battery life.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm at about half that time (8.5 hours) and about half the battery use (51%) so yeah....I guess that's about what I get.

I figure a full day is decent enough. Gets me from wakeup to bedtime, so I'm happy with my life.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
it looks pretty normal man, nothing standing out. screen is always gona be the main drain even if u only have it on for a couple hours

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Looks good. I see your even on LTE which is a bigger drain but looks like your still getting good battery.

One thing that helps mine is doing the usual things like having wifi on when I'm home.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

jenks5150

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

First time really posting here - my concern is over battery as well. I'm an avid BlackBerry user, but having an early upgrade, I decided to try a GS3 until BB10 is out. I knew the battery life wouldn't be as good, but I'm really struggling here - when I'm in low signal areas, taking it off the charger around 8 am, it's dead by 1:30 pm. It's more consistent when in good coverage zones - but I feel like I've done a lot to preserve battery already. Disabled many of the cool flashy features that they advertise for this unit, got rid of carrier bloatware...I use Wi-Fi whenever possible and disable it when I know it's not available....I'm not new at this stuff so I'm wondering if there's something any of you Android wizards know that I'm missing in terms of trying to get a full day of battery life out of this thing.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

Cheers

jenks5150

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
hey jenks. that really doesnt sound normal man even takin the low signal into consideration :(

Glad to hear it....I was wondering if this was really how bad Android battery life was and everyone just accepted it :s - is there any info from my device that I could provide here to get a diagnosis of what is screwing my battery so badly? I thought I had it optimized pretty well in terms of getting rid of known battery-killers. Thanks for the quick response.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
all smart phones have bad battery life especialy with such a big screen but the s3 battery is the best ive had in any android and should easily last a day of light use. i use mine as my main form of internet and itl last a good 5hours of heavy use. can u post battery stats like the ones at top of page?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
You could install Carat, which I guess does a decent job of identifying things like that, but you have to run it for a few days.

I haven't used it for awhile even though it's relatively new....I guess they got hammered on the release and I had to wait two weeks for my first report, but I assume they have that fixed by now.

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
just be sure the screen is set to auto brightness and kill off Svoice and you will a hugh increase. Probably about double. I get 21-22 hours and still have 30-40% left. That Svoice is the biggest killer for some you hardly use. If you do use it then kill it off when you finish with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37