im trying to set up google voice for my visual voicemail and im having some trouble. ok, i get into my phone settings, voicemail, voicemail services, check google voice, i get a box that is titled "Error" and says change to new provider. i check yes and it thinks for a second then says forwarding numgber change failed.

any idea what im doing wrong?

thanks in advance for the help, im a convert from ip4s. previously had an atrix, well 4 of them, couldnt get one that would work. hated that phone, drove me away from android till now.
    07-30-2012 04:47 PM
    Are you on at&t? I had the same problem and was just about to make a thread. I hope someone has a solution.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    07-30-2012 05:04 PM
    My bad. Yes I am on AT&T
    07-30-2012 05:05 PM
    I've got the AT&T version as well. downloaded the visual voicemail app in the market and its not working. Says it needs to call into my voicemail, so I let it go and...nothing. Is this what you're having a problem with also?
    07-30-2012 05:20 PM
    does Hullomail visual voicemail work in the US? thats what i use. love the "share to facebook" feature for when my friends leave random drunken messages :-)
    07-30-2012 06:17 PM
    i called att and they had me set visual voicemail up with the att messages app and it works. i like google voice better, but at least its there.
    07-30-2012 06:36 PM
    I thought the solution was to set it up from a computer then do conditional call forwarding on the phone.
    07-30-2012 08:51 PM
    ok, here is what i did. first off, do not use att's app. blech...

go to google.com/voice and deactivate your current subscription. then resubscribe and poof... it works.

if you have not set it up online yet, do that. like dunbar42 said.

yea it works
    07-30-2012 09:02 PM
    I thought the solution was to set it up from a computer then do conditional call forwarding on the phone.

ok, here is what i did. first off, do not use att's app. blech...

go to google.com/voice and deactivate your current subscription. then resubscribe and poof... it works.

if you have not set it up online yet, do that. like dunbar42 said.

yea it works
    These were what I did. I have mine set up and I'm from AT&T as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
    07-30-2012 09:30 PM
    These were what I did. I have mine set up and I'm from AT&T as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
    I just received a GS II Skyrocket as a warranty replacement for my old GS II. It came installed with Visual Voicemail. I started out trying to Use the Google Voice App to change over. That didn't work. I also went to the website and did the same thing you suggested. However:

1. When someone calls and leaves a message, it goes to Google Voice. GREAT.
    2. When I hit the Voicemail button in the dialer, it takes me to AT&T's Visual Voicemail. NOT GREAT

How do I get the Button in the Dialer to just call into Google Voice?
    09-10-2012 09:18 PM
    I just received a GS II Skyrocket as a warranty replacement for my old GS II. It came installed with Visual Voicemail. I started out trying to Use the Google Voice App to change over. That didn't work. I also went to the website and did the same thing you suggested. However:

1. When someone calls and leaves a message, it goes to Google Voice. GREAT.
    2. When I hit the Voicemail button in the dialer, it takes me to AT&T's Visual Voicemail. NOT GREAT

How do I get the Button in the Dialer to just call into Google Voice?
    Go into contacts and change the number listed for voicemail, nice and simple.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    09-10-2012 10:02 PM
    that did not work on my galaxy note 2. It just defaults back to my att voicemail.

Tammy
    12-31-2012 03:40 PM
    Phone -> Call Settings->Voicemail Service (should be Google Voice) -> Voicemail Settings (Make sure your Google Voice number is here). You MAY have to go to the Google Voice website and make sure your phone is configured for Google Voice. I can tell you that GV works great on my phone.
    12-31-2012 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD