best FREE wifi tether app?

firetruck41

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Foxfi. Free hot spot for those of us on unlimited data, with no tethering plan. ;-)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
FoxFi is great!

Not using the baked in S3 one will allow you to us it for free! I mean we pay for our data...Why not use it like we would like?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
nah not rooted. are you supposed to be? yeah it is a lot cheaper but theyr clamping down on tethering, trying to block torrent sites and i just noticed the other day, when i google search a .apk it blocks the results! thats the Three network

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
nah not rooted. are you supposed to be? yeah it is a lot cheaper but theyr clamping down on tethering, trying to block torrent sites and i just noticed the other day, when i google search a .apk it blocks the results! thats the Three network

Damn that's not cool! No one likes to be filtered!

No you don't need to be rooted for like FoxFi. But being rooted makes it easier though. If they are clamping down then you might find ya! No good though.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i know man we should be allowed to do what we want with our data. even throttled though we can still use the laptop for simple browsing + at ?15 a month for 300mins, 1000txts + unlimited data we cant really complain but in the US you should DEFINATELY be allowed to tether as ur paying a lot for it. ive found a way round the torrent thing just by changing the APN settings :)

alan sh

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
There's two different themes going on here.

1. What APP can you use for wifi tetthering.
2. How can I get FREE data using wifi tethering.

So, for the app, the built in one is probably as good as any, assuming your network carrier has allowed it. If not, go and find one.

For the free data, I have no idea. You do need to contact your carrier and see what they say. But, to me, unlimited data means just that, no matter what you are doing.

Does this make sense?

Alan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad