I spent the last 45 minutes with Sprint trying to understand the last bill.

I'm a pretty smart guy (my mom tells me), but I simply can not understand what's going on.

I ported my number (from sprint to ATT) on July 7th.

They charge my credit card on the 18th of every month.

It's not clear if I'm paying in advance for service, or for service already received.

Take a look at these screen shots.

Sprint tells me I owe them for the 7/18 payment which is supposed to cover service from May26 June 25th

When I asked about owing for June 25th to July 7th (the port date) they said don't worry about it, you pre-paid the month. I said: I didn't have a full month of service.

After a long hold time, they came back and said they don't do pro-rated refunds.

What am I missing here?

No matter how this shakes out, I'm really frustrated and happy I left.

Thanks,
    Mike
    07-30-2012 05:52 PM
    I know AT&T and Verizon don't pro-rate a partial month of service. Verizon did that to me about 4 years ago and it didn't leave a good taste in my mouth. I call it the porting tax. I thought I'd timed my switch from AT&T to Verizon right with the S3 but just looked and I was right in the middle of the service period. My work pays for my cell phone service so it's really just the principal of it.

And of course Verizon wanted me to pre-pay for my first month of service plus activation fee. I think they deliberately make this stuff murky to discourage people from changing carriers.
    07-30-2012 08:39 PM
    my question here would be that If your employer pays the bill why switch carriers unless it was the employer who wanted it switched? in that case they pay the freight no matter what! since for them its just a tax write off as a business expense.......
    07-30-2012 08:58 PM
    After 5 calls to Sprint customer service, and getting contradictory answers, and after transferred into oblivion after requesting a supervisor (TWICE), I finally reached a supervisor who contradicted the previous answers and said that though they don't prorate refunds, I would not be charged for usage between 6/27 and 7/7 when I ported.

She waived the $10 late fee so I made a final payment of $180.

Let me say their customer service is just as terrible as their 3G.

I'm completely delighted with ATT (which is surprising since I left ATT in a fuss 2 years ago when my iphone kept dropping calls and not ringing).

ATT really made some great improvements in the last 2 years!

Mike
    07-31-2012 09:19 AM
    what does this have to do with the S3? Doesn't this Site have a carrier forum?
    07-31-2012 10:56 AM
    You are absolutely right.

I'm sorry.

I've been soo S3 obsessed I never noticed there was a carrier section.

Mike
    07-31-2012 11:00 AM
    my question here would be that If your employer pays the bill why switch carriers unless it was the employer who wanted it switched?
    I wanted to switch because AT&T sucks in Southern California. My employer gives me $150 a month to spend however I want on equipment and service.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    07-31-2012 01:53 PM
    You are absolutely right.

I'm sorry.

I've been soo S3 obsessed I never noticed there was a carrier section.

Mike
    Don't be sorry I'm didn't mean to come off rude. I just meant you might get more help in the sprint section as a Rogers S3 user there is no way I could help
    07-31-2012 02:52 PM
    No problem. I'm just happy to be off sprint!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    07-31-2012 03:07 PM