We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2 is!

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't take any chances - the factory piece comes off and a screen protector goes on. I'm a self confessed phone whore and want to get the best resell money out my devices, which funds the next device.

"Self-confessed phone whore..."

That just made my day.

I have a naked screen with zero scratches. The phone lives in my pocket and never shares a pocket with coins or keys or a lighter. Ever.

Unless there's vastly different realities when it comes to what you consider "babying" the device, there may be a bad batch.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2

id only use a screen protector that puts a different colour around the screen but the only site ive found is iskins, theres a really nice black carbon fibre look but theyr very expensive and based in the US.
anyone know somewhere closer to UK that does these coloured ones? a black s3 would look HOT :)

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Glass scratches folks i don't know how else to put it. Even sapphire crystal that is harder than any gorilla variant will scratch. I have watch crystals that echo that fact. To not have any scratches is lucky or you live in a very controlled environment. Neither of these apply to me so all my devices get screen protectors. I agree it is nice to use a device with out one but scratched screens bother me more than a screen protector. If scratches bother you I would advise you to use one otherwise i don't know what to tell you other than i don't know keep a 4 leaf Clover in your pocket too. Make sure you thoroughly clean it though dirt can contain silica and it will scratch your screen. Oh and fire will burn you without protection just fyi.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
How are some of you having so many issues with screen scratches? I keep my phone... bare screened... in my pants pocket... have put it in a gym bag... and I still have no scratches!

Exactly mine is fine

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Exactly mine is fine

wonder if theres a coralation (is that how u spell that?) between the international and US variants getting/not getting these scratches? my gt-i9300 is fine after 2 months. i wouldnt mind micro scratches coz u just wont see them with screen on but even with screen off, after a quick polish my screen is pristine

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

I'd like to see these "micro-scratches" that people are talking about. One guy here is even saying he CAN'T SEE THEM... but he can feel it??? wtf??

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

I'd like to see these "micro-scratches" that people are talking about.

They are extremely difficult to photograph. Not only are they hairline thin but you can only see them at certain angles with light glaring off the screen. I could try to take a picture of one but I honestly don't see a reason to put in the effort. People aren't imagining the scratches, they are there. As for whoever said they can't see them but can feel them... yeah that is pretty silly.

Rev.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
They are extremely difficult to photograph. Not only are they hairline thin but you can only see them at certain angles with light glaring off the screen. I could try to take a picture of one but I honestly don't see a reason to put in the effort. People aren't imagining the scratches, they are there. As for whoever said they can't see them but can feel them... yeah that is pretty silly.

Rev.
then why wory about scratches that can only be seen with a microscope and the screen off mate lol? IMO gorilla glass is living up to its claims.. your screen is in no way impared by these wee scratches incurred during normal unprotected day to day use ;)

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

your screen is in no way impared by these wee scratches incurred during normal unprotected day to day use ;)

If you'd read my posts you'd see I did indeed say several times that it doesn't affect the usability of the device, I said you can't see them with the screen on unless you hold it at a certain angle where light glares off it.

However, who knows how it can get over time. It's quite possible, if not expectable, that if one acquires a significant amount of these fine scratches that it might affect the screen even while in use. I can't say for sure.

I tried just now photographing it with an iPhone 3GS but you just cannot see the micro-scratches come out in the photo, as I said they are way hard to photograph. Unlike you believe though you don't need a microscope to see them, the human eye is way different then a camera lens I'm sure you know so it's far easier to see with one's eyes. The whitty sarcasm on this forum is growing tiresome.

Rev.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
If you'd read my posts you'd see I did indeed say several times that it doesn't affect the usability of the device, I said you can't see them with the screen on unless you hold it at a certain angle where light glares off it.

However, who knows how it can get over time. It's quite possible, if not expectable, that if one acquires a significant amount of these fine scratches that it might affect the screen even while in use. I can't say for sure.

I tried just now photographing it with an iPhone 3GS but you just cannot see the micro-scratches come out in the photo, as I said they are way hard to photograph. Unlike you believe though you don't need a microscope to see them, the human eye is way different then a camera lens I'm sure you know so it's far easier to see with one's eyes. The whitty sarcasm on this forum is growing tiresome.

Rev.

oh m8 its not whitty sarcasm.... its WITTY :p sorry am being sarcastic again :) i honestly dont mean any harm by it mate, im Scottish and we'r a very sarcastic people lol. when i use sarcasm in this forum, please dont see it as a personal attack, its just my personality and from what ive read from you on here, i have a lot of respect for you :)

Reactions: Rev2010

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
wonder if theres a coralation (is that how u spell that?) between the international and US variants getting/not getting these scratches? my gt-i9300 is fine after 2 months. i wouldnt mind micro scratches coz u just wont see them with screen on but even with screen off, after a quick polish my screen is pristine

Yeh I took my screen protector off for a good two weeks dropped it on the pins of a plug and not a mark on it... I think because it was launched in UK we have legit versions everyone just got conned lol

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeh I took my screen protector off for a good two weeks dropped it on the pins of a plug and not a mark on it... I think because it was launched in UK we have legit versions everyone just got conned lol

lol its about time everyone else got conned m8 :p right THIS ^ is conclusive proof that gorilla power is true... everyone who has ever stood on a plug (are they called plugs in the US?) knows that its the most painful thing known to man lol :)

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
lol its about time everyone else got conned m8 :p right THIS ^ is conclusive proof that gorilla power is true... everyone who has ever stood on a plug (are they called plugs in the US?) knows that its the most painful thing known to man lol :)

Hahaha yeh I stepped on one the other day... :thumbdown:

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Rev.

If you have to make such a big effort to even notice the scratch... why do you even care? Just let things be. Or put a screen protector on so you won't get more of whatever you are noticing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21