Can't figure out Copy/Paste on S3

leftyman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Where do I find my clipboard? I can copy to clipboard but don't know where to find it after that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

If you long press in a text field (anywhere that you want to paste copied information..email text etc..) two options should pop up one is paste the other is clipboard. tap clipboard and it will open.

Everything that has been previously copy and pasted should be there. Long press each one individually and different options will be made available. Chose delete from clipboard.

After clearing the clipboard the ability to copy was available again after selecting the text with the blue cursers.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
If you long press in a text field two options should pop up one is paste the other is clipboard. tap clipboard and it will open.

Everything that has been previously copy and pasted should be there. Long press each one individually and different options will be made available. Chose delete from clipboard.

After clearing the clipboard the ability to copy was available again after selecting the text with the blue cursers.

But if you have this bug you can't even access the clipboard :-(

leftyman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
But if you have this bug you can't even access the clipboard :-(

Yes I have been able to paste anything previously copied, the issue for me was that I couldnt copy anything new...I could select text with the blue cursers but it wouldnt open the copy menu at the top of the screen.
I just go into a text field, long press, chose clipboard and everything previously copied will show in my clipboard. After deleting everything out I am able to once again copy.
Eventually the issue will come up again, I clear the clipboard and I can copy again.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have been able to paste anything previously copied, the issue for me was that I couldnt copy anything new...I could select text with the blue cursers but it wouldnt open the copy menu at the top of the screen.
I just go into a text field, long press, chose clipboard and everything previously copied will show in my clipboard. After deleting everything out I am able to once again copy.
Eventually the issue will come up again, I clear the clipboard and I can copy again.

Oh ok. My issue is that copying crashes the program i am copying from

KMKCP

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I can add to the thread? I've got exactly the same problem. The options are all there when copying text: select all, cut, copy etc. but only the clipboard option is available when going to another application. No number of tips on how to perform the task helps as it worked perfectly well for months, now it doesn't for some reason. It's not a number of us being thick, it's just stopped working!

I've tried clearing the cache, rebooting, trying different browsers, different keyboards, updating the software . . . So on and so forth, none of them work?

Any other ideas?

Pat Owens

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here. I can copy fine but no paste options appear when I long press on a blank text entry field. Occurred with stock keyboard out of the box, continues with Swype beta and swift key...driving me demented!! You don't realise how much you use it until it's gone.....

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Wow never seen so many problems with copy and paste. I jus long press to get tha copy grid then hit tha double sheet of paper. Then when i want to past I tap once in tha text field then long press for tha pase option.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Phil Blunk

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
These (2) options are not acceptable. I've tried all workarounds and they do not work for me. Can not root because of warranty. can't reset have too much invested it installed programs and desktp folders to reset. Others are saying that the problem comes back anyway. We need a correction from Samsung!

LadyOfTheWord

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I had that problem when I first got my S3. For some bizarre reason this fix worked for me until it started working normally:

Press and hold a space in a text field until the blue triangle appears. While holding the original space, tap the beginning of the selection with your other finger. You can adjust both arrows from there and the copy/paste bar should stay there.
After about a week it suddenly started working properly.

Also, did you try double tapping on a word instead of holding it? (If you haven't tried this already)

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
These (2) options are not acceptable. I've tried all workarounds and they do not work for me. Can not root because of warranty. can't reset have too much invested it installed programs and desktp folders to reset. Others are saying that the problem comes back anyway. We need a correction from Samsung!

try installing the free "Copy to Clipboard" app by Johan Hilding. then opened a note in ColorNote, and "shared" it to the clipboard. This got everything unstuck and copy/paste now works normally.

komalrustagi

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm facing the same problem. Once i've copied the text in to the clipboard, I go to the place where I want to paste it. After the long press, instead of paste pop up, I get a clipboard pop up that DOESN'T DO ANYTHING.

Did you manage to find out how to paste. It's getting very frustrating.

Thanks,
Komal

Karunb37

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I had the same problem with my S3 the issue for me was that I was trying to copy text from a mail in the spam folder, I moved the email to inbox and copy paste worked perfectly, thanks.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Resurrecting this old thread because I'm having a similar issue on my GS4 (i337) unrooted, Nova prime, Swiftkey, running 4.4.2. I would like to copy something in my Gmail sent file and past it in a text message.

The usual press and hold does nothing but bring up the sliders so I can select text, which works fine. But there is no copy option when I press and hold the selected text. If I press the double sheet of paper, it presents the trash can, mail, and edit icon. When I select the edit icon, it brings up a change label menu. No option to copy.

Double tap slightly enlarges or reduces the text size. Press and hold the selected text and it starts another session of selecting the text. Clearing the clipboard does not change this behavior either.

What I found works is to select the text, chose the share icon from the top 4 icons, choose messaging, and then I can enter a recipient. It automagically enters the selected text in the correct field. So it works, but differently that what I expected.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to the phone dialer and long press the blank area. Press clipboard, then clear it. See if that helps.

AC App on SGS3

nallepuh

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Remember having this issue with my old Galaxy S1. Just got new Galaxy Note3 and thought the same annoyance is still there :( However, just noticed that although Gmail doesn't show the default copy-cut popup, a custom Gmail menu with same options do appear on the top. As the menu is incorporated in Gmail style and there's no text (only icons), it took awhile to notice it. Works this way on Note3, at least.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma