I do, it's a complete waste of time and I am not going to waste 3 seconds of my life unlocking my phone with a silly password 30 times a day. I hardly ever lose my phones and if I did, I doubt I'd ever get it back. Just saying.
    07-31-2012 08:02 PM
    I don't even have the "swipe to unlock" screen enabled. I push the power button or the home button and it goes straight to the business.

That said, all my sensitive data on the phone is encrypted in mSecure.

-Suntan
    BostonBeats88 likes this.
    07-31-2012 08:06 PM
    I don't have anything set either. I hit the button and I'm good to go.
    07-31-2012 08:11 PM
    I use the phone unlocked but with the swipe screen so I can see the water movement and open the camera by touching and rotating the phone. It tends to jerk the cord of those that don't have an S3 and that makes the cost of the phone worthwhile. I also like the water drop sound for what its worth.
    07-31-2012 08:12 PM
    Why not at least use face unlock? It is almost an instant unlock.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III via Android Central Forums
    07-31-2012 08:13 PM
    I just have the swipe. But I have Cerberus in case I lose my phone or it gets stolen

I know I'd should use a password, but it's just so inconvenient when I'd have to put it in about 150 times a day.
    07-31-2012 08:14 PM
    I don't even have the "swipe to unlock" screen enabled. I push the power button or the home button and it goes straight to the business.

That said, all my sensitive data on the phone is encrypted in mSecure.

-Suntan
    Everything is good until you lose your phone or somebody steals it... lol
    07-31-2012 08:15 PM
    That being said. If I lose it. I don't deserve a nice phone like this.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums
    07-31-2012 08:20 PM
    Pulling down bells to lift up a curtain to my beautiful lock screen is pretty awesome plus with a smiley face gesture is pretty cool. To me. Damn I love go locker. Lol.

Never worried about my phone getting stolen. I will track them down. Lookout mobile + Norton premium for the rest of the year. Use whatever I need to find my baby.
    08-01-2012 12:13 AM
    ^I demand to see a timestamped image of this girl holding her driver's license and a copy of today's newspaper.

I think the lockscreen looks elegant and professional. Like the cover sheet of a resume.

Sent from my rooted/stock Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums
    BostonBeats88 likes this.
    08-01-2012 01:21 AM
    ^I demand to see a timestamped image of this girl holding her driver's license and a copy of today's newspaper.

I think the lockscreen looks elegant and professional. Like the cover sheet of a resume.

Sent from my rooted/stock Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums
    Lmaoo. Thanks.

And I can do better than that. How about a link to her wiki page.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariana_Grande
    08-01-2012 02:18 AM
    Lol! The age question crossed my mind too.

Unlocking=waste of time for me too. People know not to touch my electronics.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    08-01-2012 03:32 AM
    having a locked phone means that if it gets stolen, the theif wont bother charging it, itl get thrown away, and all your anti-theft tracking apps will be useless lol. i just use Applock to lock settings (so it cant be factory reset), browsers (so they cant download an uninstaller, play store and shopping apps. then the theif will hapily use my phone with all calls being recorded by Total Recall and emailed to me and my anti theft apps sending me the location
    08-01-2012 04:30 AM
    Everything is good until you lose your phone or somebody steals it... lol
    Well, yeah. But how is a lock screen going to make me feel better if I lose the phone?

-Suntan
    08-01-2012 08:00 AM
    Why not just set the phone to lock after say...30 minutes? Even an hour? Then you can have the best of both worlds and be all set!
    08-01-2012 08:30 AM
    Why not just set the phone to lock after say...30 minutes? Even an hour? Then you can have the best of both worlds and be all set!
    can a lock be set only to happen after a reboot mate?
    08-01-2012 08:33 AM
    I use the Wi-Fi unlock app so when the phone is connected to a known Wi-Fi network (both at work and home) then there is no PW to type.

I am not too worried about getting my phone stolen, I am more worried about leaving the phone out on a table when drinking with my buddies and having them mess with it when I go use the bathroom.
    08-01-2012 08:53 AM
    I use the Wi-Fi unlock app so when the phone is connected to a known Wi-Fi network (both at work and home) then there is no PW to type.

I am not too worried about getting my phone stolen, I am more worried about leaving the phone out on a table when drinking with my buddies and having them mess with it when I go use the bathroom.
    lol take it youve been "fraped" before mate
    thats a really good app idea
    08-01-2012 09:18 AM
    I prefer not to use a password. However, if I want my company to keep paying my entire monthly bill, I have no choice. Everything sensitive and personal is backed up on the Exchange server. I have it set to a ten minute timeout but when it is on the charger or in dock mode it stays unlocked. I just ise a simple 4 digit code with an easy pattern to hit without even really looking at the screen.

Small price to pay to have someone else pay me bill.

Sent from my ridiculously cool Samsung Galaxy SIII
    08-01-2012 09:21 AM
    I prefer not to use a password. However, if I want my company to keep paying my entire monthly bill, I have no choice. Everything sensitive and personal is backed up on the Exchange server. I have it set to a ten minute timeout but when it is on the charger or in dock mode it stays unlocked. I just ise a simple 4 digit code with an easy pattern to hit without even really looking at the screen.

Small price to pay to have someone else pay me bill.

Sent from my ridiculously cool Samsung Galaxy S3
    There is this option. Although your IT propeller-heads would probably be unhappy...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d..._result#?t=W10.

No idea how well it works on the GSIII, but it worked well enough on the Droid 3 when I used it.

-Suntan
    08-01-2012 09:25 AM
    Even though my phone is locked. If you hold down the volume down key for like 5 seconds it will unlock. So if some one takes it if they are smart enough and persistent then they will probably unlock it.

Another thing if I know I'm going somewhere or doing something where I can lose my phone I turn GPS on. Nobody's taking my baby without a fight
    08-01-2012 02:36 PM
    There is this option. Although your IT propeller-heads would probably be unhappy...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d..._result#?t=W10.

No idea how well it works on the GSIII, but it worked well enough on the Droid 3 when I used it.

-Suntan
    Probably wont work. If he is using exchange the request for a security function comes from the exchange server.
    08-01-2012 02:39 PM
    Probably wont work. If he is using exchange the request for a security function comes from the exchange server.
    The no lock app bypasses the lock screen. Even when exchange requires a lock. The lock screen is still there, and it is still locked, no lock just jumps past it when you turn on the phone.

At least that is what it did when I used it on my droid3, even the few times I configured the company mail/exchange server to access work email.

-Suntan
    08-01-2012 05:49 PM
    because it blocks my view when I am driving?
    06-07-2013 08:57 PM
    Some of us have information on our phone we would prefer others not be able to access in the event our phone is lost or stolen. If you don't, fine, but if taking 3 seconds to unlock your phone is really a "waste of your life" you're either the busiest person in the world or the laziest. I suspect I know which one......
    06-07-2013 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD