Has anyone experienced a short double vibration after the screen is turned off? This happens after I turn off the screen and a few seconds later the phone vibrates and I turn it back on to see if I received a message or something and it's not that. Specifically I have a T-Mobile SIII.

Same experience or know of a fix?
    07-31-2012 08:14 PM
    When the screen is off? Or when you turn off your phone?
    07-31-2012 08:22 PM
    After I turn off the screen, a few seconds later the phone vibrates.
    07-31-2012 10:36 PM
    Could it be the new alert feature, for forgotten alerts?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I-9300
    Roboticz likes this.
    07-31-2012 10:56 PM
    I doubt it as nothing shows up in the notifications bar and aside from facebook, emails, text, everything is set to manual update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    07-31-2012 11:09 PM
    I have something similar happening, but it's not the vibration...it's the little default "water" sound that happens when you turn the screen off (no, I haven't got around to changing/disabling that yet).

I turn the screen off, hear it, then maybe 1 to 2 seconds later, I hear it again.

Probably the same issue. I'm wondering if it's related to my locker (I'm using Holo Locker temporarily until I feel like diving into Widgetlocker for my permanent lockscreen),

EDIT: I turned off Holo Locker and it went away and then turned it back on and same issue. Definitely something with that. Not sure if it's just Holo Locker or other lockers as well. I'll check out Go Locker and Widget Locker later.

To the OP: Are you using a custom locker?
    08-01-2012 08:26 AM
    Could it be the new alert feature, for forgotten alerts?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I-9300
    thats the first thing i thought mate.
    its nothing to do with battery being low is it?
    08-01-2012 08:30 AM
    When I pick up my phone before waking it up, it often vibrates. Don't know what causes it, no new notifications...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    08-01-2012 11:04 AM
    When I pick up my phone before waking it up, it often vibrates. Don't know what causes it, no new notifications...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Itvis the smart alert try turning it off and see if it does it probably won't after disabled

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    08-01-2012 01:53 PM
    Already suspected that and it is off. Tried turning it back on the off and it's still doing to same thing. It's pretty annoying because after I turn the screen off I turn it on again to check if I received something.
    08-01-2012 04:40 PM
    Can I assume you're not using a custom locker like I asked several posts ago?
    08-01-2012 04:55 PM
    Nope. Touchwiz. For some reason it went away. I wonder what was the cause of it.
    08-01-2012 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD