08-16-2012 02:38 PM
227 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Chekin innn with the Estrogennn.

My first Android ever. Coming in from the iP4 (which despite all the iSheep name calling etc, I was fanatically in love with, until the last two months (2years on iPhone). I just got sick of seeing little square blocks I couldn't move around. Same OS, too small increments, and yep, I wanted a bigger screen, not just a taller screen. And even if the rumours are false and Apple makes a truly larger screen, not just taller, they haven't offered me anything new in iOS that interests me enough to have waited around.

I am just getting familiar with my S3. I like to consider myself open enough minded to pair people with phones that I feel will work best for THEM, not what I think works best for me. The iPhone is a great starter phone for people getting introduced with a smartphone for the first time.

I just recently passed my iP4 to my mom, who was familiar with an iPad and she is loving the smart phone experience, and also introduced my friend to the iP4S (she comes from a long string of really CRAPPY phone experiences), so I set her up with Apple.

I have yet to love my S3 as much as I loved my iPhone, HOWEVER, I am starting to warm up to it Mostly the reason for the lack of love is that I need to be reassured that the phone will be as reliable and issue free as my iP4 was. If I can get the same performance out of Samsung as I did with Apple, it is highly unlikely I will go back.
    08-03-2012 07:10 AM
    Wonder who is the best looking female on this Site is with an Android better yet an s3... Lol

Maybe we can give out some prizes

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    08-03-2012 08:44 AM
    Well I used iPhone 4s for 4 months went from Evo 4g to iPhone 4s and it was the worst experience ever I thought I was on android 1.0, Siri only worked for starbucks and strip clubs. Luckily I found an isheeper on Craigslist to trade me for a epic II now life is good. Wow how frustrating having a phone that could only text manually and take pics.... Stress is gone and I am no longer taking anxiety meds...thanks google.
    08-03-2012 09:08 AM
    I'd love to hear an Android based podcast from a woman's perspective.
    I read this and thought, "yeah, I'll +1 that idea"... but then I started to wonder whether gender really makes much of a difference. I'd hate to see a podcast focused solely on stereotyping, i.e. how "pretty" you can make your Android. *bleck*

So... a question for all you "females with Android phones"... what would a "podcast from a woman's perspective" look like? (let's give Phil a few ideas to help this thought process along!)
    08-03-2012 09:41 AM
    I read this and thought, "yeah, I'll +1 that idea"... but then I started to wonder whether gender really makes much of a difference. I'd hate to see a podcast focused solely on stereotyping, i.e. how "pretty" you can make your Android. *bleck*

So... a question for all you "females with Android phones"... what would a "podcast from a woman's perspective" look like? (let's give Phil a few ideas to help this thought process along!)
    Meh.

Why should there be a female perspective on tech? Although ... I notice many of the women here (myself included) came from Palms. I think the whole household management aspect of Smartphones is huge for women, who still do the majority of it, regardless of their work status.

Aside from that, I can't think of any gender differences that wouldn't annoy the heck out of me.
    08-03-2012 10:13 AM
    Chekin innn with the Estrogennn.
    Oh man that's so great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    08-03-2012 10:48 AM
    Married mom of 2 here!!

I'll be leaving my BB Torch next month for a white SG3!!

Not a newbie to andriod this will be me 2nd(don't know why I left and went back to BB's),I miss android and am back for good!

Hubby just has a basic feature phone...as long as he can make calls and text he's happy lol
    08-03-2012 10:55 AM
    Meh.

Why should there be a female perspective on tech? Although ... I notice many of the women here (myself included) came from Palms. I think the whole household management aspect of Smartphones is huge for women, who still do the majority of it, regardless of their work status.

Aside from that, I can't think of any gender differences that wouldn't annoy the heck out of me.
    Thanks OWybPPgO, that's a good way of expressing further the point I was trying to make. Particularly the part where you say "I can't think of any gender differences that wouldn't annoy the heck out of me".

I'm hoping we can use feedback from everyone to help focus interests for podcasts in a manner that makes the suggestion more useful rather than relying on stereotypical perceptions.
    08-03-2012 12:50 PM
    well im a stereotypical Scotsman with ginger hair and a skirt
    08-03-2012 12:52 PM
    I am an Android girl! Used to be a huge BB fan but I wanted more of a toy. The husband is still in love with his BB Bold 9900. He HATES any Android and Iphone!
    08-03-2012 12:54 PM
    Well BB may not be around very much longer so he may have to change his ways...
    08-03-2012 02:15 PM
    Well BB may not be around very much longer so he may have to change his ways...
    yeah aparently theyr gona stop makin consumer devices. thank bLeEp.. im sick of people with bb's askin me for help with their phone coz im a phone geek but only android.. i dont have clue how to work a bb
    08-03-2012 02:28 PM
    well im a stereotypical Scotsman with ginger hair and a skirt

Edit - he's irish but he's got the hair
    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    08-03-2012 02:39 PM
    lmao cool mate
    08-03-2012 02:52 PM
    Female here!!
    My timeline is extensive. From Palm, BB, HTC, Apple and Samsung. I'm not a loyalist to any manufacturer; just buy what interest me the most.

My household consist of 4 #teamiphoners in that corner while #teamandroid consist of 2. My sister who has a dumb phone is ready to convert to her 1st android but she refuses to let me go with her to pick out the S3.....I mean whatever she wants.
    MLB1949 likes this.
    08-03-2012 03:02 PM
    one more lady here. Android fanatic. Had the Motorola cliq, then the nexus one, evo 4g, HTC g2, back to evo 4g, and now galaxy s3. And a shiny new nexus 7 that's an early 30th bday gift to myself ,
    08-03-2012 06:08 PM
    My bf is a caveman and can most of the time manage to make calls on a flip phone
    This was my husband before he got with Android last year. A couple times I walked into a room to find him talking on his clamshell via speakerphone, which he activated and didn't know how to turn off, but still holding it against his head.

Stand back, Android ladies, he's all mine.
    08-03-2012 06:15 PM
    lmao
    08-03-2012 06:27 PM

You should probably listen to more podcasts in general (especially female hosted shows). Take gaming podcasts for example; female hosts seem to be less bias and dismissive of a certain title or platform. They also tend to notice smaller touches to the overall story arc and character development that males often overlook.

To say males and females should/do have a vastly similar perspective is lame lol. I ask my wife "What do you think about _______?" On a daily basis because we never have the same opinions or assumptions on media/tech/science ect.

I'd be interested in hearing conversation over things like 'do females like to root/rom their devices?' or 'does screen size play a huge role when choosing a daily device.' There's literally dozens of topics.

Sent from my Synergized Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums
    08-03-2012 06:29 PM
    another here had captivate, infuse and now gs3.... never wanted iphone long live Android now and forever!!
    this is my exact timeline with android.
    08-03-2012 06:37 PM
    exactly man! all my fake sexism aside... males and females are inherantly different in how our brains are wired and thats something that should be embraced instead of frowned upon
    unlmtdRW likes this.
    08-03-2012 06:38 PM
    There are more here than I thought. Good stuff.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    08-03-2012 06:45 PM
    Another female here!
    08-03-2012 07:05 PM
    im glad theres so many girls here who not only use the best android phone around right now but actively have an interest in android and use a forum for it
    08-03-2012 07:08 PM
    been with blackberry since 2005 & then switched from my 9900 to my s3...my shellac manicure looks good against the touchscreen
    08-03-2012 07:12 PM
227 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD