Females with Android phones

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Female here as well. I love android and try and convert all the isheep I know. I would live to see webOS and Android be merged. You could get the best of both.

Palm Centro> Palm Treo 800w> Palm Pre> HTC Evo> Epic 4G> Nexus S> HTC G2 (bricked it unfortunately) > LG Optimus> HTC Inspire> HTC Vivid> HTC One X> whatever tickles fancy come upgrade time

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

sandyvern

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Raises hand

RAZR maxx, Exhibit 4g, Xoom, KF.... and my newest toy, Nexus 7

My bf is a caveman and can most of the time manage to make calls on a flip phone:D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Female all the way, I have always had android now I have the Samsung galaxy S3 phone, I just love my sexy, white phone.

Sent from my White, Sexy S3.

Nyobie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
instant turn on (most of the time): girl has an android
turn off: iphone

:D

What does it mean if a girl has both? Is she bi-phonal?

*edit* I forgot to mention which phones I have: T-Mobile's HTC Phone with sense (can't remember the name right now), Sprint HTC EVO 4G, Verizon HTC Thunderbolt, AT&T Motorola ATRIX, Motorola RAZR MAX (the only one I don't like so far so I'm taking it back this weekend), and both Verizon and AT&T iPhone 4S. I have corporate phones too. Right now, I have 3 active numbers, 2 personal and one corporate. Call me obsessed!

Last edited:

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Oh and my mom who is 61 has a Samsung charge! I was shocked when she got it! She does not do forums but she enjoys the phone! Lol

Both my sisters sport android phones! We all had a Droid X at one point (I started it). Lol

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
What does it mean if a girl has both? Is she bi-phonal?

*edit* I forgot to mention which phones I have: T-Mobile's HTC Phone with sense (can't remember the name right now), Sprint HTC EVO 4G, Verizon HTC Thunderbolt, AT&T Motorola ATRIX, Motorola RAZR MAX (the only one I don't like so far so I'm taking it back this weekend), and both Verizon and AT&T iPhone 4S. I have corporate phones too. Right now, I have 3 active numbers, 2 personal and one corporate. Call me obsessed!

defo bi-phoner in da hawse!

PamelaBB

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Most females I speak with (friends, and acquaintances, customers at work) just know of android phones on a whole as "droid", that is the name for any particular android phone you are talking about, they have no clue about what a razr, evo, HTC etc its just DROID and an Iphone is just an Iphone not a 3gs, 4, 4s etc does it all really matter? Lol:) I do know one or two females that are into phone info like me. Hopefully this changes in the future. I went from the original motorola droid to the Iphone 4, and back to android with the s3.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: MLB1949

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Chekin innn with the Estrogennn.

My first Android ever. Coming in from the iP4 (which despite all the iSheep name calling etc, I was fanatically in love with, until the last two months (2years on iPhone). I just got sick of seeing little square blocks I couldn't move around. Same OS, too small increments, and yep, I wanted a bigger screen, not just a taller screen. And even if the rumours are false and Apple makes a truly larger screen, not just taller, they haven't offered me anything new in iOS that interests me enough to have waited around.

I am just getting familiar with my S3. I like to consider myself open enough minded to pair people with phones that I feel will work best for THEM, not what I think works best for me. The iPhone is a great starter phone for people getting introduced with a smartphone for the first time.

I just recently passed my iP4 to my mom, who was familiar with an iPad and she is loving the smart phone experience, and also introduced my friend to the iP4S (she comes from a long string of really CRAPPY phone experiences), so I set her up with Apple.

I have yet to love my S3 as much as I loved my iPhone, HOWEVER, I am starting to warm up to it :) Mostly the reason for the lack of love is that I need to be reassured that the phone will be as reliable and issue free as my iP4 was. If I can get the same performance out of Samsung as I did with Apple, it is highly unlikely I will go back.

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Wonder who is the best looking female on this Site is with an Android better yet an s3... Lol

Maybe we can give out some prizes

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

norstarguru

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Well I used iPhone 4s for 4 months went from Evo 4g to iPhone 4s and it was the worst experience ever I thought I was on android 1.0, Siri only worked for starbucks and strip clubs. Luckily I found an isheeper on Craigslist to trade me for a epic II now life is good. Wow how frustrating having a phone that could only text manually and take pics.... Stress is gone and I am no longer taking anxiety meds...thanks google.

unlmtdRW

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I'd love to hear an Android based podcast from a woman's perspective.
I read this and thought, "yeah, I'll +1 that idea"... but then I started to wonder whether gender really makes much of a difference. I'd hate to see a podcast focused solely on stereotyping, i.e. how "pretty" you can make your Android. *bleck*:D

So... a question for all you "females with Android phones"... what would a "podcast from a woman's perspective" look like? (let's give Phil a few ideas to help this thought process along!):cool:

Last edited:

OWybPPgO

Geek Mom
Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I read this and thought, "yeah, I'll +1 that idea"... but then I started to wonder whether gender really makes much of a difference. I'd hate to see a podcast focused solely on stereotyping, i.e. how "pretty" you can make your Android. *bleck*:D

So... a question for all you "females with Android phones"... what would a "podcast from a woman's perspective" look like? (let's give Phil a few ideas to help this thought process along!):cool:

Meh.

Why should there be a female perspective on tech? Although ... I notice many of the women here (myself included) came from Palms. I think the whole household management aspect of Smartphones is huge for women, who still do the majority of it, regardless of their work status.

Aside from that, I can't think of any gender differences that wouldn't annoy the heck out of me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar