Females with Android phones

gogators1974

Banned
Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Im surprised on how many females hv android phones... How come they rarely post in forums... A lot if females do pretty cool with there phones... Just check out the appreciate app from the market... GLAD I STARTED THIS THREAD

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Im surprised on how many females hv android phones... How come they rarely post in forums... A lot if females do pretty cool with there phones... Just check out the appreciate app from the market... GLAD I STARTED THIS THREAD

Cause we like figuring things out instead of filling up the forums with questions before at least making an attempt to getting the answer on our own.

When all else fails, we turn to the men who tell us to google it, search or give answers that have nothing to do with our particular problem. :D

K_Quintana

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeap...mother of young boy and we both love tech gadgets. Started with Blackberry, tried iPhone (briefly), and recently loving my new Samsung S3.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yup i converted my now fiance to android and shes very cute (does my google contact pic show on here btw??). i was really lookin for a geek girl this time round for a change from the usual s but unfortunately it wasnt to be... shes as thick as a beef stew but she is an android girl <3 :)

gogators1974

Banned
Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
yup i converted my now fiance to android and shes very cute (does my google contact pic show on here btw??). i was really lookin for a geek girl this time round for a change from the usual s but unfortunately it wasnt to be... shes as thick as a beef stew but she is an android girl <3 :)

Ya you and some chick

unlmtdRW

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
You should probably listen to more podcasts in general (especially female hosted shows). Take gaming podcasts for example; female hosts seem to be less bias and dismissive of a certain title or platform. They also tend to notice smaller touches to the overall story arc and character development that males often overlook.

To say males and females should/do have a vastly similar perspective is lame lol. I ask my wife "What do you think about _______?" On a daily basis because we never have the same opinions or assumptions on media/tech/science ect.

I'd be interested in hearing conversation over things like 'do females like to root/rom their devices?' or 'does screen size play a huge role when choosing a daily device.' There's literally dozens of topics.

Sent from my Synergized Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums
Thanks for picking up the thread. I'm fairly new to this site, so I'll admit to not having listened to too many of their podcasts yet (still on my TODO list, any particular suggestions?:)). I certainly agree with the points you make... hence my conflict. While not so obvious in my posts, I do recognize there are definite differences between genders but I think the differences are more in our approach to a problem, or reasoning behind our actions, rather than in the final end result.

For example, I can say with absolute certainty that yes, females do like to root/rom their devices (I know several who do... I do it). And, I expect also that screen size does play a huge role when choosing a daily device (it does for me), but perhaps not for the same reasons as men.

I personally like hearing from people how they arrived at a decision, or why they like/dislike something, not just whether they do or don't, because it gives me a different perspective for my own decisions. IMHO respecting differences is essential for everyday living.

walkingrock

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, 50-something, female. Started with (talking about my smartphones, previously had unsmart mobile devices) with Palm x 2 -> BB x 3 -> Android x 2 (Motorola -> SGS3, gleaming white!) :cool:

rockigirl

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Count me in. After leaving BB it has been nexus one, nexus s, and currently galaxy nexus. I had the touchpad with CM9 but sold it for the Nexus 7. For work I quietly got rid of the BB and I'm using the at&t fusion prepaid. I'm a google fangirl and I will always go with android.

sent from my awesome Nexus 7

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm not female, but I just got my wife the siii and she's never had any type of smartphone before so I'll be here often on her behalf! I was supposed to get it and give her my tbolt and then switch lines. She didn't fall for it. Shoulda married dumb!

sent from my bolt using tapatalk