What alarm clock apps are you using?

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I used to use alarm clock xtreme but now on the S3 it has given me a few issues and is constantly taking 3-10% of the cpu. On my old phone and on my gfs phone it only used the cpu when the alarm was going off/snoozing.

What are you guys using? I need a app that makes me solve math problems. I also tried alarm clock plus* and it froze on my phone :-(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ccfixx

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I've used Gentle Alarm across multiple phones - HTC EVO, Motorola Photon, HTC EVO 3D, & Samsung Galaxy S III - and I've yet to have any issues. It has puzzles and math tests that you're looking for in an app. It's $2.50, but there is a free trial version that's missing the option to ring on Wednesdays.

Reactions: Forgetful

swishy250

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I use Double twist Alarm. Personally, I love it. Has a great UI, two virtual clocks, and, can wake you up with some of your own music. I think its only $1.99 right now on Google Play.

Sent from LG Optimus S using Taptalk

ChapStick Assassin

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Have you guys even tried the stock alarm, thing is great! I love the 'Smart Alarm' feature that starts before the alarm by playing very soft nature sounds along with soft pianos and different stuff depending on which Smart Alarm you choose.... It makes my eyes open naturally... I use that as my wake up alarm. Then I use the 'Briefing' feature for my second alarm, this one cuts into your alarm to give you the weather plus agenda for the day, top story in news and repeats the title of the alarm eg 'Get out of the shower NOW!', then goes back to the alarm music (which you can als choose any of your own songs/sounds). Not to mention everything about the alarms are customizable.... How long for snooze, how many times for snooze, Custom volume non-dependent on what the volume setting was before you went to bed... Full 'repeat' options and multiple, multiple alarms all with their own custom settings as well a widgets. What are you guys getting that the stock alarm doesn't offer (for alarm functionality)???

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Stock alarm here too.

But I'm interested to know what features require you to need a diff alarm app.

Solving math problems for snooze and dismiss, I find it's the only thing that can shake off the grogginess

Stock does sound interesting, I'll play with it this weekend.

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I use alarm clock plus

-use own music
-customizable desk clock colors
-can hide alarm icon in notification bar

Only thing I wish it had was the smart wake feature, but, I don't want to pay $2 for a clock. (I use the free version)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

greasemuntney

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Stock alarm here to. Never seen a reason to pay or download a app that the feature is already on device and works great. The Briefing feature is pretty sweet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc