10-17-2013 10:04 AM
87 1234
tools
    stock alarm...everyday

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3~
    08-01-2012 09:42 PM
    Put your phone in a place where you need to get up and walk.
    You'd be amazed at how much the motions can be economized. I can get to anywhere and be back under the covers in five motions, tops.
    zack7687 and Forgetful like this.
    08-01-2012 09:50 PM
    Stock and Double Twist. I like that it will factor in sleep cycles to help you get a better night's sleep.
    Forgetful likes this.
    08-01-2012 09:51 PM
    Gentle Alarm +1

Used it for at least a year and it has not failed one time. My wife uses it on her phone too. You can customize pretty much everything there is to customize on an alarm clock.
    Forgetful likes this.
    08-01-2012 10:03 PM
    I use Kaloer Clock - I think it has all the features mentioned here (including skip next alarm, which is great), and was the only one I found that let me set the brightness down to almost nothing so it's not glowing at me and keeping me up
    Forgetful likes this.
    08-01-2012 10:17 PM
    I use 'Good Morning' - there's a free version in Google Play that allows for one alarm to be set, or the Pro version for a couple of bucks that will let you set up multiple alarm schedules. It supports having to do math, but I use it because it will use the TTS to greet me and read out the day's weather forecast when I get up.
    Forgetful likes this.
    08-01-2012 10:22 PM
    Have been using Gentle Alarm for well over a year and could not be happier.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-01-2012 10:57 PM
    You'd be amazed at how much the motions can be economized. I can get to anywhere and be back under the covers in five motions, tops.
    I applaud you sir, that is impressive.
    08-01-2012 11:19 PM
    I use Kaloer Clock - I think it has all the features mentioned here (including skip next alarm, which is great), and was the only one I found that let me set the brightness down to almost nothing so it's not glowing at me and keeping me up
    I might have to try this one...I like the stock alarm except the desktop mode is so friggin bright (even with an all black background).
    08-01-2012 11:35 PM
    I was using alarm clock xtreme but had some issues with snoozing and having to force close the app to get it to stfu.

Just started using the stock alarm this week and say that I like it and have unistalled alarm clock xtreme
    08-01-2012 11:44 PM
    Gentle Alarm... plus Tasker to announce time and weather when I dismiss. (Doesn't always get pronunciation right)

...sent from Infinity
    08-02-2012 12:11 AM
    Alarm Clock PRO. Math problems included. Used Alarming, Alarm Clock Plus and Alarm clock xtreme. Use Alarm clock PRO as primary and Alarm Clock Plus as a backup.
    08-02-2012 12:23 AM
    rainbow clock widget it has an alarm and a quick nap mode
    08-02-2012 12:35 AM
    Gentle Alarm since it was an Amazon Free App of the Day.

Before that, stock.

Sent from my Blue 32 Verizon SGSIII using Tapatalk 2
    08-02-2012 01:08 AM
    I'm using stock...
    Hate the smart feature though because it's failed to wake me up too many times I'm trying it without it tonight to see how it goes. I wish the stock sounds had like real alarm sounds and not just the "serene" melodies the phone comes with. Does the stock allow to play off ones music? I would rather have skrillex wake me up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    08-02-2012 01:09 AM
    ivve been using sleep as android it does everything ^^^^^ all those do and it keeps a record of how long u slept with funky graphs that show how much you move around in bed
    hmmm... This IS interesting... How well does it work? and the noise tab, does that record snoring and sleep-talking?
    08-02-2012 01:33 AM
    Try math alarm lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    08-02-2012 02:08 AM
    I'm using WakeVoice. It's a great alarm clock with speech recognition to stop the alarm with your voice, speech synthesis to let it talk to you at wake up announcing day and hour, weather forecast, latest news (even your rss feed), your calendar events for the day, your horoscope...

Furthermore a new version ice cream sandwich/jelly bean themed will be launched this month following the new guidelines from Google (holo theme, action bar, swyping tabs, overflow and others). Yes, I'm the developer of this app but you should really check it out
    And to add more hype, some new awesome features will be added... stay tuned

Go try WakeVoice alarm clock now ! (a free trial version is available on the Play Store ... and it's ads free of course)
    08-02-2012 03:38 AM
    I use the stock alarm..but would be interested in any alarm or clock that would display in "bed side" mode similar to the Blackberry when plugged in or docked it displays the clock.
    08-02-2012 07:25 AM
    I'm totally addicted to the app wake voice. Its a very reliable replacement of the stock alarm clock with the following bonus features.
    - Allows controlling your alarm with voice commands. You can define your own words for snooze and stop alarm, so no fiddling around or knocking down your device while trying to push the buttons.
    - Let your phone read your favorite RSS feads, todays appointments, weather forecast, etc. to you after stopping an alarm .

Very cool app and theres a free demo for testing.
    08-02-2012 07:29 AM
    Stock, Gentle Alarm, and Alarm Clock Extreme
    08-02-2012 07:34 AM
    Have you tried WakeVoice?
    I use this application every morning, it's really great and original (TTS, speech recognition...)!

There is a free version here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...wakevoice.lite
    08-02-2012 07:52 AM
    Currently the stock alarm widget. My iPhone had a great CLO ks and alarms app. Anything close to that anyone has seen?

Brian-

Sent with my SGSIII
    08-02-2012 08:01 AM
    Stock alarm here too.

But I'm interested to know what features require you to need a diff alarm app.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    +1
    08-02-2012 08:16 AM
    Can someone tell me why anyone in their right mind would want to do math first thing in the morning? What is up with that???

Shouldn't it be enough that the alarm actually wakes you from sleep?
    08-02-2012 08:19 AM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD