10-17-2013 10:04 AM
87 1234
tools
    The only reason I like Alarm clock extreme is that the volume crescendo option actually starts very quiet. The stock alarm using smart alarm starts at the same volume as the alarm so is basically like i just set my alarm 3 minutes early.
    08-02-2012 08:36 AM
    <3 my stock alarm clock.
    08-02-2012 09:31 AM
    Try "Alarm Clock Ultra Free" It's full of options to customize the way to turn off the alarm such as 1 or multiple math problems to solve, 1 or multiple puzzles to solve, etc etc. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...51bGwsMSwyLDNd
    The free version has been good enough for me.
    08-02-2012 09:31 AM
    Can someone tell me why anyone in their right mind would want to do math first thing in the morning? What is up with that???

Shouldn't it be enough that the alarm actually wakes you from sleep?
    It gets the gears in your head moving. And if you REALLY hate math, you'll get up before it goes off again.
    08-02-2012 10:16 AM
    I have tried the Stock Alarm, Smart Alarm, Double Twist Alarm and Gentle Alarm.

I would personally rank them in this order based off of their performance and features. I like my alarm to wake me up in a subtle manner at first and loud after a specified time if necessary. I like multiple alarms for different days and so forth, so here's the list.

1. Gentle Alarm (Decent UI, Tons of features)
    2. Smart Alarm (Simple UI and Tons of features)
    3. Double Twist Alarm (Great UI, lacking features)
    4. Stock Alarm (Basic)
    08-02-2012 10:32 AM
    It gets the gears in your head moving. And if you REALLY hate math, you'll get up before it goes off again.
    LOL!!! I guess so! I am lucky that I have two cats that tell me its breakfast time when the alarm goes off... sometimes even before...

Oh and to answer the OP's original question, I use stock. It is perfect as is, no math required
    08-02-2012 11:09 AM
    Alarm Clock Plus.

I love it and here's why: auto snooze.

I have my alarm set to auto snooze after 15 seconds and then go off again 2 minutes later. Then auto snooze again after 15 seconds and go off 2 minutes later...repeatable up to 25 times.

This way I don't have to actually roll over and grab the phone or press the screen/buttons etc. and I can wake up gently and easily.

You can customize auto snooze time...time between snoozes. You can customize the volume of the alarm and set it to get louder...for example I start the alarm out at about 30% volume...then it increases every 5 seconds (you can customize this time).

I thought I was going to miss the cool voice command in the stock alarm where I could just say "snooze" and it would listen...but it's even better letting it do it itself.
    08-02-2012 11:14 AM
    My vote is for AlarmDroid. Multiple alarms, TTS, and enough configurable settings to make your head spin. The reason I like it, though, is because it lets me use an internet stream as my alarm tone. Also has the math problems, etc that other apps have. It's free, or you can donate to the dev through the Pro version. I use it daily.
    08-02-2012 11:30 AM
    I use Gentle Alarm, music only, that plays for 20 minutes. Its such a nice way to awaken.
    08-02-2012 01:04 PM
    Can someone tell me why anyone in their right mind would want to do math first thing in the morning? What is up with that???

Shouldn't it be enough that the alarm actually wakes you from sleep?
    I can only venture it requires you to think and therefore kick starting the wake up process. Hitting a button by muscle memory solves nothing and most likely becomes part of your wake up routine. Has for us.

Brian-

Sent with my SGSIII
    08-02-2012 10:34 PM
    Stock alarm with "extreme alarm" ringer. You could find the rubber I on zedge
    08-03-2012 03:38 AM
    At first skim, I didn't see iHome mentioned here. iHome Sleep is free and you don't even have to have an iHome device to use it. It will play music through the device speaker if it is not connected to anything. It has some nice features as well.

Currently, I use the stock alarm, but I don't like that I have to choose between 5 and 10 min snooze.

I'm trying to find the right app, but nothing seems to have it all. Stock, not enough snooze options, Doubletwist is awesome, but I HATE how small the snooze button is. Xtreme looks very useful, but it also looks fugly.

I guess I'm just really picky about how I wake up :/
    08-03-2012 07:14 AM
    Lazy Alarm, you have to wake up a bunny to turn off the alarm. =)
    08-03-2012 03:03 PM
    Alarm Clock Plus.

I love it and here's why: auto snooze..
    I agree! I first discovered auto snooze on a Palm alarm clock app ages ago, and I'm baffled that more alarm apps don't support it. That said, I'm in the market for a replacement for Alarm Clock Plus, because (a) it's been crashing a fair amount of late; and (b) it doesn't keep the screen on all night -- after about 6 hours of being plugged in and screen on, it lets the OS turn the screen off.
    09-24-2012 03:44 AM
    I used AppAlarm Pro for two years on my EVO. What I liked about it is that I could have it come on to a specific pandora radio station. I created a station called Morning Music.

This is much better then waking up to the same song, I have done this before and discovered waking up to a song you really like turns it into a song you really hate. Pandora radio gives variety of songs which is great.

The problem is the alarm does not work on the SG3. It turns on, but snooze no longer works and the screen turns off. The developer stopped work on this alarm so no hope at fixing it.

Doing some searching I found Alarm Clock Plus which will launch any app. I can set it to launch Pandora but it can't launch a specific pandora station, it plays the last station I was listening to, not that big of deal. I just need to make sure I was not listening to my Punk station last.

However, so far no joy.

I have been trying to set it and it will launch the pandora but am finding the snooze also does not work. If I navigate to the alarm's snooze screen (which is hidden / minimized) the phone crashes. Lot's of settings so maybe I can find a way to get it to work.

Anyone have Alarm Clock Plus working on the SG3?
    10-08-2012 10:28 AM
    I took a chance and bought the paid 99 cent version of AppAlarm Pro (I know huge risk of losing almost a buck ). I use an ad blocker and the free version has some ads, I thought that perhaps the ad blocking was messing up the snooze button. I don't know if it was the ad blocker but the paid app works without crashing. Have joy now.
    10-09-2012 07:25 PM
    I just use the stock alarm clock app. It does a good enough job for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    10-09-2012 08:06 PM
    I just use the stock alarm clock app. It does a good enough job for me.
    Can't wake up to Pandora with it though.
    10-09-2012 08:31 PM
    Can't wake up to Pandora with it though.
    That would probably make me fall back asleep.
    10-10-2012 01:18 PM
    The stock clock does it job and does it well I would like to add.
    10-10-2012 01:19 PM
    I use the stock alarm clock as it does everything I need. I use an app called "Dock Clock" for a clock for my night stand at night as I can make it far dimmer than the stock desk clock.

I came from the Blackberry world and they had something called Bedside Mode that was far simpler and more intuitive than what Android has to offer.
    10-10-2012 02:22 PM
    That would probably make me fall back asleep.
    I am a light sleeper so ambient trance gets me up and going nice and gently. You could always go punk or heavy metal.
    10-10-2012 03:15 PM
    I was using stock until i found this alarm clock and it is AMAZING! Way better than stock
    Doubletwist Alarm Clock
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...GFybUNsb2NrIl0.
    10-10-2012 03:40 PM
    Alarm clock Plus +1

Never really gave stock a chance...
    10-10-2012 10:02 PM
    ahh its great being unemployed... dont think ive used my s3 as an alarm since gettin it
    if i did though, id need one of those puzzle solving ones coz id just turn it off in my sleep.. wish there was one that made me a coffee and turned the shower on to warm up..... wait.... she wakes up next to me

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-11-2012 10:47 AM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD