settings> wifi> advanced> keep wifi on during sleep> never
    08-01-2012 05:48 AM
    Also if not using Google Latitude then LOG OUT it eats battery like crazy.
    It causes Maps to run in background and update your position all the time. After logging out my battery life increase by over 50%.
    08-01-2012 06:49 AM
    It causes Maps to run in background and update your position all the time. After logging out my battery life increase by over 50%.
    yeah i just keep maps disabled
    08-01-2012 06:59 AM
    How would you log out? I don't even think I'm logged in but just want to be sure :x

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    08-01-2012 09:35 AM
    How would you log out? I don't even think I'm logged in but just want to be sure :x

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    if you havent deliberately logged in to lattitude then youre ok mate
    08-01-2012 09:37 AM
    I'm curious about what exactly the setting to keep wifi off during sleep does...

My first inclination is to leave it on because I'm not sure how beneficial it is...I mean does it just use mobile data instead when waking up to download an email (or other) real quick? Does it have to reconnect to the wifi network every time it wakes up to download anything?

If it's a big benefit then why wouldn't that just be the way it worked normally instead of being always on by default?

I honestly don't see a huge battery increase when I keep wifi off vs. keeping it on 100% of the time. I'm very curious about this.
    08-01-2012 11:46 AM
    Wi-fi sleep allows the phone to disconnect from wi-fi to save battery. The problem comes in when apps need to update in the background. Then wi-fi has to reconnect every time, which ends up using MORE battery.

If you're going to leave your phone unused for long periods of time, turning wi-fi off and just sitting on LTE ends up using less battery. At first, this sounded counterintuitive. But after experimenting with it, I can assure you that in 8 hours my phone (with good LTE signal) uses about half as much battery than while on wi-fi (4% versus 8%).

Sent from my Blue 32 Verizon SGSIII using Tapatalk 2
    08-01-2012 12:16 PM
    I'm curious about what exactly the setting to keep wifi off during sleep does...

My first inclination is to leave it on because I'm not sure how beneficial it is...I mean does it just use mobile data instead when waking up to download an email (or other) real quick? Does it have to reconnect to the wifi network every time it wakes up to download anything?

If it's a big benefit then why wouldn't that just be the way it worked normally instead of being always on by default?

I honestly don't see a huge battery increase when I keep wifi off vs. keeping it on 100% of the time. I'm very curious about this.
    I think keeping it off means that when you turn your phone off with power button, wifi will stop. This would not be beneficial to me since I stream internet radio stations at my gym through their wifi. If I keep it off like OP states, then when I shut my phone off, wifi will stop streaming my net radio. I just simply toggle my wifi on and off in notification bar.
    08-01-2012 12:17 PM
    I think keeping it off means that when you turn your phone off with power button, wifi will stop. This would not be beneficial to me since I stream internet radio stations at my gym through their wifi. If I keep it off like OP states, then when I shut my phone off, wifi will stop streaming my net radio. I just simply toggle my wifi on and off in notification bar.
    I think it's for sleep only. If you are streaming and you turn it off, it's just the screen that is off. Since the streaming is running in the background and keeping the phone "awake", it doesn't actually sleep.
    08-01-2012 08:28 PM
    How do you log out? If the app I opened it already logs you in and I don't see any options to log off?

Sent from my Galaxy S III
    08-01-2012 10:50 PM

to be honest i dont know man its from an article i read and its a tip suggested for the gt-i9300 (international s3) obv its only recommended if you have unlimited data. i never use wifi so its certainly good for me as my phone has a nasty habit of switching its wifi on and searching for a hotspot
    08-02-2012 09:35 AM
    When I'm home I constantly use wi-fi since I have a somewhat weak 4G signal where I am. As a teleworker I feel like I spend 30 hours a day in my house...
    I THINK I'm using less battery with strong wifi than a weak 4G signal but I haven't had the time or inclination to do serious testing.
    08-02-2012 10:30 AM
    .....my phone has a nasty habit of switching its wifi on and searching for a hotspot
    I had this same problem when I first got my phone but someone here in the forums posted how to fix this awhile ago.

settings>wireless and network (More Settings)>Mobile Networks>Automatic Connections>*uncheck* Sprint automatic connection
    08-02-2012 10:39 AM
    @Ansextra yeah strong wifi is defo better on battery than weak 4g
    @Groove, my phone (gt-i9300) doesnt have that option
    08-02-2012 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD