Hate'n the transparency on the task switcher . . .

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
When I press and hold the home button to show what tasks are running, I find it clutter-y looking because of the transparency of whatever was on the screen before.

And, since the labels are top justified with the icon of the app, for some reason, it just gives me a headache.

I know I'm sounding fussy, but any way to customize or change that?

(After all, android is known for it's degree of customization).

Thanks,
Mike

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I have downloaded several task switchers but I'm looking for one that will activate with a long press of my Galaxy S3's home button, and show all the apps on one screen without transparency to clutter up my view.

Swipe pad is interesting. I just downloaded it and might keep it, but I'm looking for a task switcher capable of being activated with a long press of my S3's home button, and neatly show running apps without cluttery transparency.

Thanks for any tips,
Mike

mc_gusto

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I kinda hated holding down the home button to launch recent apps. Took too long. Swipepad is much more fluid and natural. I have the botton pixels activated. Its like having another capacitive button.

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I guess I didn't play around with it long enough. It wasn't immediately obvious to me how to switch between recent apps.

I'm re-downloading it now cause it sounds like you can.

Thx
Mike

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Do you need an add-in to display the apps which are running, and be able to switch between them?

BTW, by chance, can you swipe from left or right to close apps which are running?

thx
mike

mc_gusto

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah you need add in to switch between running apps. No swiping to close tho.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again for suggesting swipepad. Glad I took it for a second test drive.

I really love love like, especially keypad s. It's nice to have since Samsung got rid of integrated search

mc_gusto

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Another thing that might be useful is on nova launcher you can set long press menu button to open recent apps.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy