Please make my phone read books like the commercial!

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I want to know why my phone can't read books to me like the Galaxy S3 that they show on the commercials during the olympics. It shows a runner going out for a run and the book is "The Odyssey". I believe it is AT&T's commercial. Well I tried using Google Books (Sorry Play Books) but it sounds like a no emotion robot reading to me. NOTHING even close to what they display in the commercial. So my question is, does anyone know what App they are using or how this could be possible? Or is it just another over the top marketing lie?

Thanks.
:confused:

lmdi19

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I think the commercial that you're talking about shows a runner using an audiobook. Those are prerecorded by actual humans and play more like music files.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
You can install a lot of different voices. I use SVOX Classic with a nice British lady (cause I love the accent). Although I might switch to a sexy Australian soon.

You can even mess around with the speed and pitch to get the voice sounding exactly like you want once you have it installed.

I'm not saying it'll be like the commercial (cause I'm sure the small print on that commericial says "screen images and text-to-speech simulated" or something), but it'll be tons better than the stock Android voice, which is robotic.

You can also try IVONA if you don't like the SVOX choices....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34