Jelly Bean hunch:

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Samsung has been very aggressive with the S3. Knowing that the Iphone 5 will be coming out Sept 21, I kind of have a hunch that they will push Jelly Bean before that time to keep the S3 as the most attractive option to someone wanting a superior smart phone. If I am right, I get bragging rights.

Reactions: b0btech

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a hundred percent sure about that... but there is some logic to it.

I also noticed the Galaxy Note 2 will be released at a similar time to the iPhone5.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i hope your right but i think samsung were using the gimmicky samsung software in the s3 to "steal" apple customers and having latest version of android wont do much to attract that type of customer

slide83

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I think it would be a very good strategic move on Samsung's part to do this. The good will/PR they'd get would be better than any advertising they could buy.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
That is my hunch too..I think it would be huge of them to pull it off... Tons of iphone users have jumped on the Galaxy ship... I have many friends who want this phone but are waiting to see what the iphone 5 brings so jelly bean would be like mario's mushroom to the gs3
. Also the drag and drop folder option was left out I'm sure to avoid apple legal issues.. But Sammy did file some folder stacking patent.. To replace the drag and drop... So I hope to see that wit Jelly bean too

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes that's sounds about right, so let's hope Samsung thinks the same thing and use this logic and get jelly bean on here.

Sent from my White, Sexy S3.

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
and hope that they dont bLeEp it up too much with touchwiz crap ;) x

I'm actually looking forward to an updated touchwiz skin with jellybean. I'd like to see S Voice improve, smart stay work with my glasses, tap to top integrated into every list (not just email and contacts), gesture support for 3rd party music and video apps, maybe even bringing back scrolling wallpapers (I heard they were removed due to an issue with new touchwiz.

I do hope they don't cripple Google now in order to promote s voice. That wouldn't be cool.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
. I'd like to see S Voice improve, smart stay work with my glasses, tap to top integrated into every list (not just email and contacts), gesture support for 3rd party music and video

I'd like to see smart stay work with my eyes lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: b0btech

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to see smart stay work with my eyes lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

It doesn't work at all for you? I find it works quite well provided I take off my glasses, but that defeats the purpose somewhat.

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
What smart stay should do is let you train it to recognise you. You could snap pictures of yourself in low light, with and without glasses, wearing your favourite hat etc. And have it recognise all of them as you.

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
To the OP's original point. How many "average" users even know what version of Android their phone is running? My wife has a GS3, I can guarantee you she doesn't know.

Now, how many "average" shoppers will know that phone A has JB and phone B only has ICS?

Finally, once JB does get to the S3, with touchwiz all over it, what will be different that the user will notice?

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
While I would love to see JB released just before iPhone 5 drops, I feel the phone will still hold its own against it with no problems.

But either way, as long as it comes before the end of 2012, I personally will be happy.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually looking forward to an updated touchwiz skin with jellybean. I'd like to see S Voice improve, smart stay work with my glasses, tap to top integrated into every list (not just email and contacts), gesture support for 3rd party music and video apps, maybe even bringing back scrolling wallpapers (I heard they were removed due to an issue with new touchwiz.

I do hope they don't cripple Google now in order to promote s voice. That wouldn't be cool..

+1 for tap-to-top working on web pages ;) i really like parts of touchwiz like the toggles in notification bar but i hope its not too heavy that it takes away from "project butter"

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Sounds great, and those of us on Verizon will get it 6-10 months later. :'(

I've read rumors that Verizon will have it first actually.... Keep in mind Verizon was the first US company with ICS (Nexus) and even though the Razr took longer that Moto promised it was one of the first phones to get ics.. Let's not jump the gun here Verizon only takes their time when a product isn't fully right...jts frustrating when that happens but they're # in quality for a reason...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums