Jelly Bean hunch:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I've read rumors that Verizon will have it first actually.... Keep in mind Verizon was the first US company with ICS (Nexus) and even though the Razr took longer that Moto promised it was one of the first phones to get ics.. Let's not jump the gun here Verizon only takes their time when a product isn't fully right...jts frustrating when that happens but they're # in quality for a reason...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
id say the sim-free s3's will get it well before the carrier branded ones

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
+1 for tap-to-top working on web pages ;) i really like parts of touchwiz like the toggles in notification bar but i hope its not too heavy that it takes away from "project butter"

I think having 2GB of RAM will make "project butter" a wonderful experience on the GS3 that gives it an advantage over other devices.

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I've read rumors that Verizon will have it first actually.... Keep in mind Verizon was the first US company with ICS (Nexus) and even though the Razr took longer that Moto promised it was one of the first phones to get ics.. Let's not jump the gun here Verizon only takes their time when a product isn't fully right...jts frustrating when that happens but they're # in quality for a reason...

The Nexus is not a good choice for this comparison. Yes they were the first provider to get the Nexus but only because (and after) Google had shipped the GSM version themselves. The Verizon Nexus HAD to come via Verizon due to lack of Open Source on the CDMA radio bits and Verizon had to add them on and then ship the phone themselves. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I don't think the GSM Nexus is (or ever was) available at all via AT&T and T-Mobile only through the Google Play Store.

Of course if I am full of it, someone (everyone) will point it out...

Mike

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
To the OP's original point. How many "average" users even know what version of Android their phone is running? My wife has a GS3, I can guarantee you she doesn't know.

Now, how many "average" shoppers will know that phone A has JB and phone B only has ICS?

Finally, once JB does get to the S3, with touchwiz all over it, what will be different that the user will notice?

I think the average user will notice. Samsung could run a new set of ads promoting the new OS. Sales people would guide customers to it over old ICS phones. Even the most basic feature list always says the OS of the phone.

In actual use, they'd notice project butter enhanced smoothness, Google Now, intelligent moving apps and widgets etc. Just cause Sammy decides to forego the stock aesthetic doesn't change the features of the OS.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus is not a good choice for this comparison. Yes they were the first provider to get the Nexus but only because (and after) Google had shipped the GSM version themselves. The Verizon Nexus HAD to come via Verizon due to lack of Open Source on the CDMA radio bits and Verizon had to add them on and then ship the phone themselves. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I don't think the GSM Nexus is (or ever was) available at all via AT&T and T-Mobile only through the Google Play Store.

Of course if I am full of it, someone (everyone) will point it out...

Mike

I don't think any of us know the technicalities of it all... As to why Verizon got the Nexus... To me it just appears it was their time and finally came to an agreement.... All in all my point is people act as if Verizon is always last to have something and they're not... To add to my point on top of them having ICS first amongst the US companies... Who was the first company with an iphone other than At&t.... Verizon! Who was first with LTE.. Verizon! So will they take forever to get JB idk...They might be the first.. Just don't discredit a company who is actually industry leading... That's why you pay em so much!

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Sounds great, and those of us on Verizon will get it 6-10 months later. :'(

I really wish this phone was a pure Google experience phone but what can you do. With that being said I'd hope that touchwiz doesn't slow down project butter, and that the S3 gets Google now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I really wish this phone was a pure Google experience phone but what can you do. With that being said I'd hope that touchwiz doesn't slow down project butter, and that the S3 gets Google now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

i am sure the S3 will get google now. Google now is more than just a voice assistant.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781